•  

In Loving Memory Of

Tom Allensworth,
Founder of AVSIM Online

AVSIM Online
Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.

Photo
- - - - -

FSX crashes on Windows 8.1

Best Answer Jim Young , 29 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

I would remove the UIAutomationcore.dll from the main FSX folder as many with Windows 8 have fixed their crashes by removing this module. .

Best regards,

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JarkkoK

JarkkoK

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 09:22 AM

Hello! My FSX always crashes, when I fly Airbus X Extended (Version 1,16), after flying about 30 minutes. Everything goes fine until FSX freezes and then stops. I have uiautomaticcore.dll fix.

I have already tried:

-Reset FSX.cfg

-Reinstal IvAp

-Lower settings

-Run as administrator

-Run IvAp as in external mode

My specs: Intel Core i5-3350P | NVIDIA GTX660 3 GB | 8 GB DDR3 1600 MHz.

And sorry my bad english! 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Jim Young

Jim Young

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 15,192 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:22 PM   Best Answer

I would remove the UIAutomationcore.dll from the main FSX folder as many with Windows 8 have fixed their crashes by removing this module. .

Best regards,

Jim Young | Forums Administrator | AVSIM.com
Member AVSIM Board of Directors'

You Have Agreed To These When Becoming an AVSIM Member. Make Sure You Have Read Them: Terms of Service (ToS)
Important other links: Privacy Policy | Forum Help | Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Request Support | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rules

My computer specs: I7 4770K CPU in Turbo Mode 4.2GHz | GTX 780 | 16GB's RAM | Dell UltraSharp 34" Monitor (U3415W) | Dell 24" Monitor | ASUS Z87 Deluxe Motherboard  | Windows 7                                                                                                                                                          

#3 JarkkoK

JarkkoK

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

Thank you so much, worked!