Sign in to follow this  
Novation

Rotating/spinning cloud - V2 render changes confirmed.

From now is there any changes of the problem of "spinning clouds" or not?

for me it is really ugly and i stil try to find a solution for that.

thanks

The only solution I see for now is to go into the appropriate shader file that contains the changed line of code and replace it with the line of code from fsx. rebuild  the shaders on your computer and it should be fixed. I am not very well versed in the shader coding so i cant do this by myself but i am willing to help but we need someone like bojote or maybe timest from REX that are more shader experienced and can give us a hand on this issue. as far as i know this wouldn't be mission impossible to fix. So, does anyone else want to tackle this?

I am not an expert too in this! And it Will impossible mission for me but if someone CAN give us sole help it is welcome!

Thanks

I will happily test a shader modification, if someone has the know-how to make the change back to FSX style cloud positioning.

The response to the thread on the LM forum has been strong, so I am hopeful the team will implement a switch in a future update... but, in the meantime I am happy to use an unofficial mod.

there is one possibility. I have tried to look into the p3dv2 files and there are a few of files that may give us an idea if those files are indeed the ones that have the cloud rotation changes. they are insde the shadersHLSL folder

-cloud.fx

-cloud2.fx

inside the misc folder

-cloud50.fx

if we can get these files from prepar3d v1.4, replace them and rebuild our shaders we might be able to see if the clouds change the way they rotate. so... does anybody have 1.4 installed with these files?

:Big Grin: Not completely off-topic I would really like to know how much money this cumulus01.bmp has generated since the year 2000.

there is one possibility. I have tried to look into the p3dv2 files and there are a few of files that may give us an idea if those files are indeed the ones that have the cloud rotation changes. they are insde the shadersHLSL folder

-cloud.fx

-cloud2.fx

inside the misc folder

-cloud50.fx

if we can get these files from prepar3d v1.4, replace them and rebuild our shaders we might be able to see if the clouds change the way they rotate. so... does anybody have 1.4 installed with these files?

I think the shader files in 1.4 are the same as in FSX in which case you do not have the two cloud.fx files... these are new to v2, same with the cloud50 file.

I've poked about in these shader files but have no clue what I'm looking at sadly.

:Big Grin: Not completely off-topic I would really like to know how much money this cumulus01.bmp has generated since the year 2000.

I'm not sure I follow you... do you mean for add-on vendors like REX, FEX, AS?

The spinning clouds are very enoying to me. The scene looks great especialy with the shadows caused by clouds. But once I start to move my head (I use TrackIR) the sence of plausability is destroyed. If there is a fix or an option to switch to the FSX style I would vote for it.

Also I would like to apreciate the work the team has done so far as I think every enthusiast of fly simulation does.

Besides other minor issues with P3D, the spinning clouds is really immersion killing for me, particularly with trackIR use. Maybe one day this issue will be resolved, until then dx10 lives on for me.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Maybe one day this issue will be resolved, until then dx10 lives on for me.

I am very surprised, considering the weight of opinion to have the option added, that LM have not addressed this yet. They have improved the cloud depiction, but FSX still does it better with its position based rendering, rather than viewpoint.

Maybe 2.4 will give us the option... which was promised by LM.

So no change in v.2.3? This really annoys me  :( maybe I have to reinstall FSX again and just live with short draw distances, crappy graphics and OOMs.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I wish LM gives an option to disable this spinning cloud or give true 3d clouds. using oculus rift, this concept gives away and you do not feel as if you are going through the clouds.It starts showing its ugly face in oculus. You just feel as if the curtains of clouds are opening in front of you instead of going through it. Totally kills the immersion when flying IFR..