Sign in to follow this  
Garry J. Smith

Milton Shupe and Team - Web Site

Thanks Ian,

I am overwhelmed with your gracious and generious  efforts with the Gnome Academy on my behalf and in absolute awe that you know ard able to liaise personally with Gnomanous Gnu - the demigod of the prestigious Gnome Adademy.  Wow.........  

With your bribing and influence with Gnomanous Gnu I fell assured that I need to start clearing a space for the Golden Gnome (with Diamonds) on my mantle above the fireplace in anticipation of its arrival - fortunately I have a few years to build a fireplace and mantle - not much need for them in Newcastle Australia - but will start the project as soon as the grass is cut and I can get into the house. 

Hi Ho, Hi Ho,  its off to work I go....... :lol: 

Regards from a Golden Gnome (with Diamonds) Recipient (sometime in the future) :O 

Garry 

Give me directions and I will set out with my trusty mower......

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Good stuff - enjoying the humor of the AVSIM patrons  :rolleyes:

Did you notice that I posted my last post in small font - did not want to be too bold about the bribing of the Gnome Award officials :lol:

Thanks for the offer A320 driver - but I have decided to cement the front yard - that will stop the pesky grass from hindering my progress towards obtaining and presenting proudly this prestigious Gnome Award. (with Diamonds)

Plus, not having to mow the lawn again will give me even more time to work on more flight sim gifts for others to enjoy.

PS - soooo tempted to create an image of a golden gnome with diamonds and put it on my site - would be an excellent insider joke :P

Regards mate.

I gave in to temptation  :rolleyes:  another sign of old age I guess :P

Will resist the tempation to post it on my web site - I hope ^_^

GoldenGnomeAward.gif

Wow Garry. That is a perfect replica of the real thing! I'm impressed as they are very rare so I can't imagine how you got hold of an example to copy... They are usually only available in galaxies that are far, far away and carefully hidden from the Evil Emperor and his minions as they hate us Gnomes. They fear our hidden powers - and so they should!!! After all, Master Yoda is our esteemed leader and that gnome can kick a--.....

Okay, I'll stop now. I really do need to get a life. Actually, I really need to get the "cockpit" I've been building finished so I can get FS9 up and running again... Yeah, confession time. I haven't cranked it up in months.... But it's coming soon....

Cheers mate

Ian

carefully hidden from the Evil Emperor and his minions

With out divulging to much detail I will say I do believe the Gnomes are massing their numbers (7 or 8, several are AWOL somewhere warmer) in Nome Alaska for the impending award ceremony. I will tell you that my insider says they are nearly out of control with excitement. Give the Golden Gnome Award ( WITH DIAMONDS!) like Oscars they don't. With the recipient the FORCE must be.

Will resist the temptation to post it on my web site - I hope ^_^

Resistance is futile!!!!                     Maybe I should watch something besides Sci-Fi while I'm flying?

Just be sure to paint the cement green!

And be sure to haul out the lawn mower every now and then just to freak the neighbors out - just park it on the concrete and fire it up and watch them run. Better yet use gravel instead of concrete and do that. I know they will run for cover then. :Big Grin:

Best regards to all,

Mel

Reserve Gnome ID # *** **** ***** **9,          Still waiting on that promotion and the pointy hat!

Mel - that was the funniest thing I think I've ever seen on this site. I was not only LOLing but damn near ROTF while doing it. My A did not get laughed off, but it was definitely bouncing on the seat... :-)

Thanks mate - best laugh I've had in a long time

Ian

I guess we all really need to get a life :(  - but, hey, more fun here than poking a stick at  Yoda.  :lol:

May The Force be with you all - curse is that I remember being amazed at the original movie - all models and lots of blue screen stuff - none of that new fangled Computer Generated stuff in those days.  All done with hard work and clever tricks to amaze the audience.

Maybe the immenent award of the Golden Gnome with Diamonds has fuzzed up my head - what was the original subject of this post? - Ah yeah - something to do with Milton Shupe's aircraft,  I think. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

A HUGE thanks for keeping Milton Shupe's aircraft alive!

I've been away from FS for a few years, came back and started going though my old FS links. Devastated to find so many great sites gone.

I didn't have all Milton Shupe's aircraft and almost died when I found his site shut down. Luckily, 5 minutes later I found this thread!

Thanks again!

Mark Daniels

Garry,

Are you still doing private repaints mate?  If so, could you please PM me with your email address.  I have a repaint request for you.

I have tried the web site and am unable to email you through that.

If you are not still doing them could you please let me know so that I can pursue this further.

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Garry passed away a few months ago.

Edward C. Moore will be continuing hosting his site, so Garry's legacy to our  simming world lives on.

He contributed, not only to his site, & also did a lot of work for many other developers.

He will be missed by all simmers!

:hi:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Robin and all.

So very sorry to hear this news.  I was totally unaware.

May he rest in peace with the gratitude of thousands who appreciated his efforts.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

There are some amazing scenery at http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/

Included are sloping runways & ramps.

I have a complete separate install of all the planes, textures & scenery from the site, & as Garry was the custodian of Milton & Mike Stone's planes, I have those as well.

Personally, after being simming from the early days, I got a bit tired & bored with the usual point to point flying, & Garry & Ed's site rekindled my love of simming, & as Garry said, it should be a blend of Fact, Fiction & Fun.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

However, the link to Garry's catalogue of paints, Milton's older planes, as well as Mike Stone's collection are now dead.

It will be very sad to see these older add-on's disappear & fade away. These guys were the backbone of our hobby & motivated quite a few others to start developing for us.

In my internet travels, I found a link to a collection of Mike's aircraft. Can anyone confirm if this collection is complete?

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/2651-fs9-mike-stone-collection/

For those that still want to fly Mike's planes.

Also, if interested  http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/106655-Mike-Stone-Aircraft?p=1093325&posted=1#post1093325

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...