Sign in to follow this  
oyvjohns

My Prepar3D V2 Error log

As the topic says im having lots of CDT with this new sim and i wonder if its anything to do with my system?

Its rear that im able to finnish i flight i started, so you understand that all this errors take away the happines with this hobby.

Today i took another look in my Appcrashviewe and this is the result so far:

API.DLL                       10

ASC.DLL                       1

d3dcsx_43.dll                8

g2d.dll                            1

MSVCR100.DLL           5

ntdll.dll                          1

sim1.dll                         3

StackHash_4f9d           2

StackHash_6a83        25

StackHAsh_eaed         1

terrain.dll                      1

WINMM.dll                   1

This makes it a total of 59 Fatal Errors so far and i would be wery happy if someone could help me understand why this errors happends.

And maybe you also can provide some tips on how to fix the system or the sim so i soon can use this simulator like its supposed to?

My PC specs:

Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z

Intel i7 2600K (4,6 GHz Rock stabil)(Watercooled)

Corsair DDR3 1600 Ram 2x4 Gb

Asus Direct CU GTX 570 (Watercooled)

Coolermaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W

4 Hard drives.

C: WD Velociraptor 350 Gb   System disc. Fresh W7 Ultimate install before running Prepar3D V2

E: WD Caviar Black 1 Tb  Download disc

F: WD Caviar Black 1 Tb  FSX

I: WD Caviar Black 1 Tb  Prepar3D V2

Running HyperThreading On - Affinitymask 14

FSUIPC v4927b

Only tweak done in CFG file is the ones thats listed in Prepar Learning senter / General Performance Tuning.

I tryed to slide my settings up and down in the sim, so im not writing them up now.

It crashes nomather how the settings are set.

Wery few addons installed because i want to go easy with this until the sim is stabil.

It has been crashing since day 1.

Hope someone can read something out of this and maybe come with a tip i can try out this weekend.

As i said. I dont know if its something with the sim or my system thats causes this.

My computer is totally updated and maintained and i dont run any other games on this rig.

Many thanks.

With hyperthreading on you should not use an affinitymask of 14, and I would not add any of the tweaks from the learning center. I'm running a very similar setup to yous and having none of your issues.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Hi Simmerhead and thanks for your reply.

I took your tip and just renamed my CFG file letting Prepar build a new one at start up and then i was able to make a good flight with several tuch and goes without any fatal error.

However the flow of the sim is quite bad compared to how it was, the textures are popping up and i got some microstutters.

But its a long step forward as long as i dont get those CTD`s.

Many thanks for your tips, i can belive i diddent think of renaming the CFG file on my own before this. I must be getting senile?

Ps. I see that i have the wrong Affinitymask setting using hyperthreading.

Is the right setting 84?

Quote oyvjohns:

"Is the right setting 84"

Yes, and If your not satisfied with 84 you could try 252. Jim Robinson tipped me about this setting and it works nice for me getting rid of blurries. He also said he got some stutters when trying 84 and that using 252 removed all the stutter and that it worked best for him with HT on. It's worth a try B)

Thanks Kaboki.

I tryed swiching to 252 without seeing any difference sorry to say, but im gonna run it with that setting for a while just to check it out a bit more.

Today i have tryed out one tweak at the time, making a good flight in between with some tuch and goes on the same airport with the same model same setting and i belive i found the cause of my CDT`s.

At once i added SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=30 i barely got airborne before another crash.

Tryed this 3 times with the same result, deleted the input and tryed again and everything works great.

Just to try it a bit more i took my old CFG file that i used the whole time and deleted the Swap_Wait in that and put it to the test.

And what do you know, the sim got its flow and texture back without the crashes. ( So far )

Its probably a litle too soon to bring out the Champagne but now i have done 3-4 good flights, both at high altitude and low/fast without any issues, so im positive.

Another good thing is that before i tryed to swith out my cfg file i could not get the Skunk Work Zipper and Dino Cattaneo F-14 to work. Straight to Fatal error.

But now i have made flights with both those models, and i just cant understand why?

So back to trying out the sim more.

Thanks for your replys so far.