Sign in to follow this  
liambailey4

Slow loading ground textures

So since about a month ago I've been having this issue with FSX.  My ground textures load very slow.  They don't load until I'm right over the area.  Random trees keep appearing up.  The ground about 5 miles in front of me is completely barren.  I have no clue what to do.  It's not my add ons because I've tried it all.  Have done a re install and it's still the same.  I have no clue what to do.  It drops my Frames about 20 fps!  Anyone know about this? Thanks.

PC Specs

-AMD 8320 8 Core CPU @ 4.0 GHz
-MSI 7870
-8 gigs of 1600 MHz RAM
-GIGABYTE motherboard

Add Ons

-FSDT O'Hare

-Aerosoft Hamburg

-PMDG 737 & 747-400/800

-CS 777-200/300 & 767

-REX 4

-FS Recorder

-Freeware Sceneries & Planes

A bad tweak?  A high setting?  If you deleted your Fsx.cfg and let it rebuild and not change any of the display settings (except resolution), does the problem still exist?  Bad tweaks, high settings are the cause of all low FPS with textures rendering very slowly.  We install fsx/acceleration, run fsx and the fps are extremely high (with my system I was getting fps over 300!!).  Then we start adding things and the fps start to plunge.  We try tweaks to make it go faster but those do not always work.  Slowly but surely, FSX is verrrrrry slow.  So you have to balance eye-candy with the technology and that's not easy.  AVSIM has a great configuration guide (see link in my signature) that should provide some good balanced settings.  AVSIM does not recommend tweaks though but has some suggestions in case you want to try them. 

Do you run an AI commercial addon program?  Do not see that in your list and many people own AI programs or install a freeware version. 

If you set your REX4 scenery to 4096 HD or even 2048 HD textures, that will create problems but we are talking about individual products.  It's very difficult to give you advice (other than the above) when we have no idea what settings you have employed for your addons.

That's my 2-cents worth.  Good luck in getting your problem fixed.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have completely reinstalled fsx. Even at complete defaults, no tweaks or add ons, the problem is still there! I think it's my hardware. My graphics card or my CPU. It never used to happen! I'm really confused. Yes I have My Traffic 2013 and that was actually causing a building issue but lowering the scenery priority did the trick for that. It's just my ground textures load so slow and only when I'm 2 miles away. Do u possibly have a fix? Anyone? Thanks for your reply!

this happened out of nowhere to me a few weeks ago. after some investigation it seemed to be related to when i installed the demo for iceland orbx ftx global. when i use the ftx central to switch to other regions (pacific nw ) the problem fixed itself magically. 

i haven't had time to dig into why or how to fix it, i suspect some conflict with landclass or utx stuff

anyway if you did a fresh install it's probably not related but i figured i would mention it

cheers

-andy crosby

No I had ftx global Iceland demo! Maybe simply having it on my PC is causing a conflict. I'm going to completely erase it off my computer completely and I'll write back. Thanks!

Yup that didn't work in fact in ftx global's demo the scenery has missing files.  The terrain looks awful.  Not how it's supposed to.  So the problem isn't just effecting default terrain but add ons too.  Do I have a corrupted installer of FSX?  I have screenshots but it won't let me attach them.

I'm starting to think something happened to my graphics card.