Sign in to follow this  
enji

ORBX scenery library order

Also what order do we need to have the England installs 8 to 5 or 5 to 8 from the top :)

It makes no difference as you Apply the Region to make it dominant. You do that through FTX Central. The installer places the elements in the right order unless you have some kind of non-standard setup.

Hi,

I have fresh install of FSX and ORBX products: Global Base, VECTOR, Trees and OpenLC Europe. Order in library is:

ORBXLIBS

OPENLC EUROPE1

OPENLC EUROPE9

OPENLC NAMERICA1

OPENLC BASE

XClass World (Europe is deactivated)

FreeMeshX regions

default FSX SE sceneries

ORBX VECTOR OBJ

ORBX VECTOR APT

ORBX VECTOR CVX

ORBX VECTOR EXX

Base sceneries FSX

ORBX VECTOR AEC

Default Scenery

Default Terrain

------------------------------------------

Two questions:

1) Is the above order correct?

2) where should I place other airport scenerie (i.e. Polish airports from DDesign, or other freeware airport sceneries)?

3) where should I place DX10LightFix bgl files from DX10 Fixer

Lucas

Before I had trees and buildings overlapping with standard Airport Scenery.

This is mine (taking ORBX, FS Global into account). All addon Airports are above the ORBX and FS Global

All my Addon Airports

Ftx Orbx LIbs

OpenLC Europe1

OpenLC Europe 2

OpenLC Europe3

OpenLC Europe4

OpenLC Europe5

OpenLC Europe6

OpenLC Europe7

OpenLC Europe8

OpenLc Europe9

OpenLC Europe10

OpenLc Namerica 1

ORBX OpenLC Base

Fs Global 2010 NAM

Fs Global 2010 OCE

Fs Global 2010 AFRICA

Fs Global 2010 Local Meshes

Fs Global 2010 EUR

Fs Global 2010 ANT

Fs Global 2010 ASIA

Fs Global 2010 CSA

Orbx Vector OBJ

Orbx Vector APT

Orbx Vector CVX

Orbx Vector EXX

Orbx FTX Vector AEC

Scenery Base

Scenery World

it works perfect...!!!

Good Luck !

So I assume entries of large pay ware airports like DreamTeam and FlyTampa go above all the Orbx stuff?

Bill Clark

Hi Bill.

Have a little problem.I too want my 3. party addons to stay on top of the scenery library in FSX. But ORBX products moves automatically to the top when I start FSX.

ORBX changes my 3 party addons when they are on top. Any tips?

Hi Bill.

Have a little problem.I too want my 3. party addons to stay on top of the scenery library in FSX. But ORBX products moves automatically to the top when I start FSX.

ORBX changes my 3 party addons when they are on top. Any tips?

If you want your 3rd party airports to stay on top of all the Orbx stuff just move the insertion point for Orbx software down below the airports. FTX Central does this.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I haven't used this tool before, but where is the orange FTX and blue OLC suppose to be?Are they suppose to be together and below or above 3rd party airports/scenery?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

haven't used this tool before, but where is the orange FTX and blue OLC suppose to be?Are they suppose to be together and below or above 3rd party airports/scenery?

best place  to find  these  sort  of  answer  is  the ftx  forum  where  if  you would  have  done  a search you would have  ome  up with this

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/113226-ftx-insertion-point-airport-multiple-layers/?_fromLogin=1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi

I have FSX steam and just bought North Germany, it has down loaded sucessfully into the Orbx file and it is listed in central along with Orbx England Scotland and Wales plus two airports EGFF and EGCW, also have Glbal Base..

But Germany is not listed in the FSX Scenery Library. When opening Central a message comes up "cannot find scenery.cfg" Similarly opening Insertion Point same message but in red and states it will now close. Any ideas

But Germany is not listed in the FSX Scenery Library. When opening Central a message comes up "cannot find scenery.cfg" Similarly opening Insertion Point same message but in red and states it will now close. Any ideas

never mind  I see you already posted  in the ftx forum hopefully  you get  a solution,  try doing  a search  in the ftx forum  since I had  a issue like  yours  a long  time ago  now  will let  you know if I can find  it

anyways  did a quick  search and  came up  with this  maybe  it  will help you  but  do a  seach and  you will find  a  few

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/120707-unable-to-locate-the-scenerycfg-file/#comment-1083278

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg