Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Converting FSX content to Flight

If I compare it to my conversion log file, it seems that your conversion crashed just before the end. kedw_photo.bgl is sthe last file to be loaded/converted. After that the addon files are created. Just try and run the conversion again and see if it finishes without an error message. If the problem reappears, make a note of any error message that windows might give, and also check if your security software might isolate/limit the converter as an unknown program.

My conversion "completed successfully" and is working OK.  Zero crashes or hangs. 

However, it threw off a ton of conversion error messages during the run. 

Is it OK to simply rerun the conversion on top of a previous conversion? 

Perhaps it will convert more objects than it did the first time?  A lot of the converted airports seem sparse.

Hey Kavinda J.D and mibmab :smile:

I did nothing but turn off "Disable Antivirus Auto-Protect", and reran the line of Info. again to the CMD and this time it completed and working.

Thank you both for your ability and patience at helping me with my situation.

Much appreciated. J.R.  :im Not Worthy:  :BigGrin:

@AlbacoreTunaMan: Yes, you can run the conversion again. At the end of the conversion, the contentconverter uninstalls the existing addon and then copies the new files to the DLC folder. I guess that the temporary output folder for the conversion (the one after /o:) should be empty - but it may as well work if the files from the previous conversion are still in there. After the conversion you need to reactivate FSX World in the Flight Addon Manager.

@jpc55: Great that it's working now - enjoy the gobal Flight! :p0504: B) 

At the end of the conversion, I got the message

Wring addon files to the DLC folder

Complete!

But when I go into Flight, I still don't see any scenery outside of Hawaii and Alaska.

I launched the addon manager, and disabled/reenabled the world area, but still I just see the endless ocean.  Did I miss something?

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

@andyjohnston.net Have you also activated World Region UI in the addon manager? Once you do this, there should be the option to select World in the Flight menu where you switch between Alaska and Hawaii. This should display the global map of the World Region UI. More info and some screenshots can be found in this earlier thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/454973-ftk-menu-world-world-map/

If I remember correctly, stonelance included the World Region UI since Flighttoolkit 1.1.2.

All very cool.  The output folder wasn't moved to the Flight root, so I dragged it there manually.

What's more, I found it is possible to do this without having a clean install of FSX.  I just dragged all the contents of my AddOn Sceenry folder to the desktop, ran the converter, then dragged it all back.  Now I have the full world in Flight, along with all my FSX scenery still in place.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I believe the conversion ignores the Addon Scenery folder so if you only have 3rd party addons in that folder (and no modifications to normal FSX files) they shouldn't get converted.

I bought and installed FSX SE and want to run the Toolkit Content Converter for it. I put this line in the CMD    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter.exe "fsx /i:"C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX" /o:"C:\TEST", 

and it came back saying   “Error: FSX conversion failed: Could not find file ‘C:\Program Files(x86)\Stream\streamapps\common\FSX\Autogen\TerrainAutogenClassDiscription.xml’.

I followed the path in, and this is the line at that location.  TerrainAutogenClassDescriptions.spb

What should the line read that I have to input? Do I have to delete anything before inputting the CMD line?

And as always all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks J.R. :blush: :blink: :smile:

uninstall the toolkit and redownload it. I fixed a bug. You may still run into a bug that kavinda hit, but you should be able to work around it by creating the directory manually

Hi there,

I am unable to download the required files for the conversion via the Flight Addon Manager (Cold Climate Wilderness LC, Temperate Climate Wilderness LC,...). It appearz to download but either gives an error (Could not download the addon.) or simply doesn't do anything at the end of a download.

What can I do?

Hi there,

I am unable to download the required files for the conversion via the Flight Addon Manager (Cold Climate Wilderness LC, Temperate Climate Wilderness LC,...). It appearz to download but either gives an error (Could not download the addon.) or simply doesn't do anything at the end of a download.

What can I do?

I think you can also download these files via your GfWL client.

I think you can also download these files via your GfWL client.

Thx, I got it working. Turns out that flighttools saves the downloaded files temporarily on C:, and my C: drive was almost full.