Sign in to follow this  
IFR7700

Earth Simulations

Since A2S relies heavily on scenery from Earth Simulations, do you have any recommendations for obtaining the sceneries now that they have closed up shop?

Dennis

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

We've approached Earth Simulations to see if we could obtain the rights to continue to make the Isle of Man, Guernsey and Scilly Islands (to be used in our upcoming Twin Otter course) available to the community. We'll keep you posted on the outcome of these conversations, but my suspicion is that these amazing sceneries won't be unavailable for long.

• Upvote 1

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I recently bought and installed Guernsey and Isle Of Man and they're fantastic.  I have a lot of ORBX, all of the ORBX UK and Global.

I'm wondering how to disable these temporarilry in the FSX scenery library.

Which should I untick to temp disable them?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

I recently bought and installed Guernsey and Isle Of Man and they're fantastic.  I have a lot of ORBX, all of the ORBX UK and Global.

I'm wondering how to disable these temporarilry in the FSX scenery library.

Which should I untick to temp disable them?

Thanks.

Just untick all the entries beginning with 'ES'. There are a lot of them! 

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

We've approached Earth Simulations to see if we could obtain the rights to continue to make the Isle of Man, Guernsey and Scilly Islands (to be used in our upcoming Twin Otter course) available to the community. We'll keep you posted on the outcome of these conversations, but my suspicion is that these amazing sceneries won't be unavailable for long.

That is great news, hope they agree as ES have done great sceneries.

Just untick all the entries beginning with 'ES'. There are a lot of them! 

Thank you!

Jack Sawyer

I have a question.  Screenshots below.

If I want to disable JUST Isle Of Man or JUST Guernsey which ones do I de-select?

Capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Jack Sawyer

"IOM" stands for "Isle of Man"

"CI" stands for "Channel Islands"

You need to disable the first 11 entries in your top screenshot above for the Isle of Man, and the top 9 entries in your second screenshot for Guernsey.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thank you Christopher!

I have been banging my head against the wall about this.

No idea why I never recieved a reply from the forum I always do, I just decided to check in now and here's my answer.

Appreciate it a lot.

I'm getting OOMs which I never ever got before after installing these. And there's no way to uninstall them either, I tried. I could do a complete system restore with my Acronis backup software. I like these sceneries a lot but I wish they had just done the airports and not the whole island.

Jack Sawyer

P3D v3 makes a significant difference with respect to VAS management, Jack. I was always getting OOMs in FSX (and P3D v2 for that matter), but P3D v3 is a remarkable improvement in this department. I have heard that FSX : Steam Edition is also good for this.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi Christopher, yes, I have read a lot about how P3D manages VAS but I spend a lot of time on many forums and all I see is hassles with it.

I don't want to go through all the hassle of trying to get it set up and then having most of my add-ons not work.

For example, I refuse to upgrade certain add-ons I have because they are worse than the original.

Then, if I did get everything all set up I'd still have constant hassles with every update LM has. It seems to break everything.

And, I'd have to pay all over again for the PMDG stuff and others like Real Air.

I can't tell you how many posts I see where people are asking how they can fix this or that in P3D.

I don't have the patience for all that. I never got OOM's till I installed those two ES products.

And I have almost all of ORBX's stuff except their landclass and vector.

I will just untick the ES items as needs be.

Unfortunately for me there's no easy way to uninstall those ES products unless like I said I use Acronis to restore my system. That program alone has saved me so many hassles it's not funny.

I just wish I could figure out a way to (if it's even possible) to untick certain entries so I only have the airport and not the surrounding area.

Photo-real scenery brings a system to its knees but I love the airport.

And IOM is awesome but do I really need two animated diggers running? There's no way to shut them down either.

When I did the install I remember the document said to UNinstall IOM's ESI so I did and now I have nothing in my Start/Programs.

Jack Sawyer