Sign in to follow this  
forshaw

Is the 747- 8 that much of a visual improvement over the 400?

Hi;

Any input and or thoughts on the upgraded 800 are really appreciated.

I finally installed the 747 400 (boxed version) after having it in my drawer for 1 year. I bought a new rig a few months back so I decided to finally install it. I must say that I like it very much but it is old.

The sounds aren't that great and the visual aircraft itself isn't that great. I have other add-ons that look and sound much better than that and yes, I realize it is old.

I am looking to get the 747-8 and while I know it's not the actual 747-800 itself the visual aspects has been upgraded and I also heard that the sound was also updated.

I know that the v2 is a way off (being very realistic) so looking for a stop gap.I am also looking at the iFLY 747 v2 as an option.

As always you input is truly appreciated.

Thanks.

Forshaw C.

Well it's not really an 'improvement' as such - it's just an external model expansion.  At that, it does very well.