•  

In Loving Memory Of

Tom Allensworth,
Founder of AVSIM Online

AVSIM Online
Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.

Photo

Is there a smiling pic of Tom A?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Cactus521

Cactus521

Member - 8,000+

• Members
  • 9,138 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:57 AM

Then we would want one with him looking off into the horizon or some other type of stance. This picture was his favorite. Why do we want to get rid of his favorite photo of himself? I have several pictures of him too and there are some in the AVSIM Gallery.

Best regards,

I was saddened to hear about Tom's passing.  The picture they posted though really sums up what I learned about him, both serving for him as a mod once and just visiting the great community he set up.  I just see the gaze of a watchful, reflective man who not only was an asset to our hobby, but certainly held in high esteem by Microsoft and the team they had there, by the team at X-Plane, and so many other sim communities and products.  It has been great to know him and the members of the community here.

John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#32 Jim Young

Jim Young

Forums Administrator

• Administrators
  • 15,420 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:13 AM

Well stated John!

Best regards,

Jim Young | Forums Administrator | AVSIM.com
Member AVSIM Board of Directors' 

You Have Agreed To These When Becoming an AVSIM Member. Make Sure You Have Read Them: Terms of Service (ToS)
Important other links: Privacy Policy | Forum Help | Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Request Support | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rules

My old computer specs: I7 4770K CPU in Turbo Mode 4.2GHz | GTX 780 | 16GB's RAM | Dell UltraSharp 34" Monitor (U3415W) | Dell 24" Monitor | ASUS Z87 Deluxe Motherboard  | Windows 7  

My new computer specs:  I7 7700K CPU overclocked to 5.0GHz | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 | Dell UltraSharp 34" Monitor (U3415W) | Dell 24" Alienware Monitor | ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero Motherboard | Samsung 960 EVO Internal SSD 500GB | Corsair Hydro H115i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler | G.SKILL Trident Z 16GB DDR4 4266 | Windows 10                                                                                                                               

#33 ~Craig~

~Craig~

• Banned
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:48 PM

I'm going out today to change the oil in my GoldWing...and take her out for that first ride of the season. YES!

Sounds fantastic, enjoy Bro! ........ The FS9 set isn't available new in the UK any more, but I found some on Amazon.co.uk, used, but guaranteed.  Going to order one!  Cheers :smile:

Craig Bennet

Currently taking a break from the FS hobby.

#34 Jude Bradley

Jude Bradley

Member - 2,000+

• Members
  • 2,154 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

Here's a lovely pic over on the X-Plane forums, of course you have to be a member too :)
http://forums.x-plan...showtopic=85374

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, ATC, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747.[/size]
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.[/size]

System specs: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, i7-4790K Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 GTX-970 4GB VRAM, 32GB RAM  2x 500GB SSD's