Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Is there a smiling pic of Tom A?

Then we would want one with him looking off into the horizon or some other type of stance. This picture was his favorite. Why do we want to get rid of his favorite photo of himself? I have several pictures of him too and there are some in the AVSIM Gallery.

Best regards,

I was saddened to hear about Tom's passing.  The picture they posted though really sums up what I learned about him, both serving for him as a mod once and just visiting the great community he set up.  I just see the gaze of a watchful, reflective man who not only was an asset to our hobby, but certainly held in high esteem by Microsoft and the team they had there, by the team at X-Plane, and so many other sim communities and products.  It has been great to know him and the members of the community here.

John

Well stated John!

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm going out today to change the oil in my GoldWing...and take her out for that first ride of the season. YES!

Sounds fantastic, enjoy Bro! ........ The FS9 set isn't available new in the UK any more, but I found some on Amazon.co.uk, used, but guaranteed.  Going to order one!  Cheers :smile:

Here's a lovely pic over on the X-Plane forums, of course you have to be a member too :)
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?showtopic=85374

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.