Sign in to follow this  
AviatorMoser

FreeMesh X Global 1.0 - Release Announcement

Torrents are a Peer to Peer file transfer system, seeding basically means I am uploading the files from my PC to other users.

It's safe too. Bit torrent does hash checks to ensure the data you download is identical to the original. So you will have an exact copy of FreeMeshX as intended.

I am not impressed with FS Global mesh at all, the Alps look downright ugly, some mountains have triangles ontop, big spikes like an upside down traffic cone. Most payware airports are at different terrain levels so plateaus are still a problem even with Vector installed. FSGenesis NextMesh Europe is higher quality than Global but expensive and makes the airport plateau problem even worse. Downloading now!

EDIT: Is it against the rules to post an announcement in the P3D forum too?

I hope you will post there too!

I almost missed the announcement because I mostly visit the P3D forums, can't imagine I'm the only one.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

It should be able to work with FS Genesis installed. I would just disable the scenery library entry for FS Genesis. I don't have FS Genesis, so I don't know exactly how it's installed or uninstalled.

I think that FS Genesis doesn't have any entry in the scenery library, that's the problem.  :lol: Also I really don't know will it clash with your product.

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

I am not impressed with FS Global mesh at all, the Alps look downright ugly, some mountains have triangles ontop, big spikes like an upside down traffic cone. Most payware airports are at different terrain levels so plateaus are still a problem even with Vector installed. FSGenesis NextMesh Europe is higher quality than Global but expensive and makes the airport plateau problem even worse. Downloading now!

You would have to expect airport problems to arise when using any mesh, because of a design limitation in FSX and P3D. It's also hard to find anomalies when it comes to spikes because there is just a lot of data. Mountains are especially tricky because often you need at least LOD12 mesh to really capture the correct fidelity. I wouldn't uninstall your current products at the moment. Just disable them in the scenery library, and try FreeMeshX. If you don't like it, then you've lost nothing! :)

Thanks a lot for this.  I just installed a torrent client on my dedicated server and will keep them seeding there for a month or two.  It's only 100Mbps but it should help a bit.

sig01.png

Thanks a lot for this.  I just installed a torrent client on my dedicated server and will keep them seeding there for a month or two.  It's only 100Mbps but it should help a bit.

Wow, thanks! That will help immensely!

I think that FS Genesis doesn't have any entry in the scenery library, that's the problem.  :lol: Also I really don't know will it clash with your product.

Really! No entry! So does it just overwrite the original terrain data? That's a big no-no!

Wow, thanks! That will help immensely!

My pleasure.  We have the server either way, and since your product is free, I figured I could do something to help.  Datacenter is in Montreal, Canada, so it should optimize downloads from North America.

sig01.png

I've used FS Genesis for years, and it always had and currently has an entry in my Scenery library below the default continent entries and above the numbered base layers at the bottom of the library.

Regardless, I'm downloading NA now, and thanks for the freeware mesh!

And thanks, Max, for the torrent's speed boost.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

If you let the installer auto install, it places the fsg bgl files in the default scenery folders. Just search for all files named fsg*.bgl

5 parts downloading, 2 queued ... yes, going to town! :)

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

one question is Iceland and Greenland covered by the European mesh?

Iceland is in the Europe package. Greenland is in the North American package. I need a map to show all of this :)

Don't even let me start with the Middle East. It's divided up everywhere.

Thank you for your hard work, gentlemen. I am constantly amazed at the rich generosity of our fellow simmers. Too bad we can't donate at least some beer and pizza for your efforts!