Sign in to follow this  
matt127

Navigraph Charts

Thanks for the information guys, really useful. I had a look on their website and they do an all inclusive yearly fee now for unlimited chart access so there is no need to purchase each individual chart. I also believe you get to keep the charts you download even after your subscription has finished.

I don't know why, but the look of EFB puts me off a little when trying to fly professionally. I just get the feeling Navigraph has a more realistic feel to it, but I guess it's just personal preference.

I also believe you get to keep the charts you download even after your subscription has finished.

I think you will find you can not keep those charts. You need to log on every time you want to access the provider

ZORAN

I think you will find you can not keep those charts. You need to log on every time you want to access the provider

I've just launched Navigraph Charts v4.1 and can view all the charts I have bought. Things might be different with later software but no problem with the above. I last bought a chart well over 2 years ago.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I've just launched Navigraph Charts v4.1 and can view all the charts I have bought. Things might be different with later software but no problem with the above. I last bought a chart well over 2 years ago.

Thats because you bought them outright. You can only buy subscriptions these days

ZORAN

It is also cheaper if you buy both as a package. They do FMS Data + Charts bundle together.

I've stopped using Navigraph charts. I got fed up having to pay for the same airport time and time again because something minor changed. If new SIDs or STARs were introduced then fine. But not for minor things like a few parking positions changing.

I still subscribe to their FMS service and use Electronic Flight Bag to display airport layouts, SIDs and STARs. Whilst not 100% accurate to real world procedures the STARs are generally pretty good. SIDs from what I can see are fine.

EFB is not cheap but is an excellent IFR utility.

Exactly my point and my situation.

I used to have the FMS Data subscription for years, only bought charts on a single basis without annual subscription, since I found the price pretty expensive and I found nonsense to pay for charts that I would never use, while other charts I might need were not and probably will never be in the Navigraph database (smaller airports, for example). Problem was, every time a single chart became obsolete for any minor change, which happens very often, I could not simply re-download it in its updated format, but had to buy it again. I confess I never found this practice very fair.

Now it appears that the only way to get a chart is to make an annual subscription all the way. I am considering this, but I agree with you that I should probably consider other options as well.

Thats because you bought them outright. You can only buy subscriptions these days

Thanks for clearing that up. So with a subscription you can access as many charts as you want but as soon as it ends you are prevented from viewing them. And I guess you can't save them for off-line use either.

The only way that would be economical is if you fly to lots of different airports and fly nearly every day. If you only fly to 20-30 it seems quite expensive.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Thanks for clearing that up. So with a subscription you can access as many charts as you want but as soon as it ends you are prevented from viewing them. And I guess you can't save them for off-line use either.

The only way that would be economical is if you fly to lots of different airports and fly nearly every day. If you only fly to 20-30 it seems quite expensive.

You can download charts in the Navigraph charts interface, so I'm assuming you can view them offline, but don't hold me to that.

Now it appears that the only way to get a chart is to make an annual subscription all the way. I am considering this, but I agree with you that I should probably consider other options as well.

I have a subscription for the FMS data which I update 4 times a year. That gives me all I need for Project Magenta CDU / ND and EFB's database.

I don't need real-world airport layouts as my 3rd party airports may not be the same. EFB reads all my scenery files and displays my airport layout. Perfect and at reasonable cost.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I have a subscription for the FMS data which I update 4 times a year. That gives me all I need for Project Magenta CDU / ND and EFB's database.

I don't need real-world airport layouts as my 3rd party airports may not be the same. EFB reads all my scenery files and displays my airport layout. Perfect and at reasonable cost.

Thank you, Ray, makes full sense to me.

You can download charts in the Navigraph charts interface, so I'm assuming you can view them offline, but don't hold me to that.

. No internet no charts. You must log on to see them

The new charts are in the LIDO layout which is the gold standard and most of the airlines use now. with the Package comes 100 training vids on just about every procedure using real world data/airport demos. Also included is FMS data and everything in one place same format.

However as you say if your flying to the same 20 airports offline then it may not be worth it. But at the other end of the scale if your a very active VATSIM flyer then its pure gold

ZORAN

One thing you should think about from your own personal perspective is the consistency of the information you are using.

Unlike in the real world, where the update process is strictly controlled, in Simulatorland, if you mix and match FMC data and the charts you use from different sources, there is a possibility that the two aren't the same and cause confusion in the key parts of your flight. For example, I want to be able to tune the navaids in the SID or STAR even if the FMC isn't usiing them.  I believe this is correct practice as a fall back in the event of a failure somewhere.  

That's why I said the value for money depends in part on how realistic you personally  want to be - each to his own but a factor to consider.

If you use a single source, like Navigraph, that sort of discrepancy between charts and FMC shouldn't happen.  

ngxu_banner.png

Ray, does EFB give you STARs that include VIAs as well? I use the Aersoft Airbus and use PFPX for flight planning along with a single cycle from NavdataPro. PFPX is fine, and pretty easy to use - from that I'll get my SID and STAR and I'll use whichever one it advises. Problem is when I get to inputting the SID and STAR into the FMC in the Airbus I'll need to select and appropriate VIA and I'll have to pretty much guess. If I try googling for a chart I may get something with a VIA that doesn't match my cycle of nav data.

yea I can view them as well  and I can print  them out  but iam unable  to find  a way  to save  the charts  to my pc  so I can load  them  to my efb etc

Easy install cute pdf printer and save the chart as pdf.

Won't fly without the Lido charts for several reasons ;-)

Have the charts on my tablet which is my EFB....

André