Sign in to follow this  

How does this fair to FS Global 2010 and does it work with FTX?

I am looking for a scenery mesh program that works with FTX. Is this what I would get and how does it fair to FS Global 2010? Is there any before and after screenshots?

Well,

They are very similar products but different in some ways. FS Global 2010 is based off 90-m SRTM data sources, with a few additional sources, while FreeMeshX is based off 30-m SRTM data with a few other sources sprinkled in.

So FreeMeshX has better LOD coverage for most of the world, but FS Global 2010 has some nice LOD11 meshes for the U.S. and some mountain ranges.

I have quite a few pictures of FreeMeshX here, including before and after comparisons. http://imgur.com/a/XJtBU#0

MeneMene actually took this direct comparison of FS Global 2010 and FreeMeshX.

FS Global 2010

v7KEaD1.png

FreeMeshX Global

nlUW2Uj.png

You can see the extra detail in the FreeMeshX topography, and that is because of the higher resolution source data, but FS Global 2010 is no slouch either.

Nice comparative!!!  B)

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Got it installed, looks nice so far.

You can see the extra detail in the FreeMeshX topography, and that is because of the higher resolution source data, but FS Global 2010 is no slouch either.

These screenshots just beautiful coastline . You use a FTX vector?

These screenshots just beautiful coastline . You use a FTX vector?

I believe MeneMene does use FTX Vector when he took those shots.

trying to recall - did you not say a while back, that having BOTH FreeMesh and FSG 2010 installed would work and that FSX/P3D would choose the best LOD for the area?

Or is it, pick one or the other?

Thanx,

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I purchased FSG2010 when the disks when on sale at an online shop in the UK ( I think the sale was advertised here).  Got a good deal at around $20 or $30.  Then installed FreeMeshX on top.  Have to say I am really pleased with the results.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I purchased FSG2010 when the disks when on sale at an online shop in the UK ( I think the sale was advertised here).  Got a good deal at around $20 or $30.  Then installed FreeMeshX on top.  Have to say I am really pleased with the results.

You, sir, are a mesh enthusiast!