Sign in to follow this  
emann072

Just Flight L1011 Professional

Hi,

since the CS L-1011 only produces a CTD on my system whenever I try to load it and with no support from its supplier apart of wait till new installer is available, I am tempted to try the L-1011 Professional from Justflight....

Unfortunately I could not find reviews or videos on youtube and would like any users of the professional version if they can provide some feedback with regards to flying a heavy and system details rather than eye candy items....

any help appreciated

gd day

emann

I got it recently and didn't really like it. I haven't spent enough time with it to say definitely that it isn't good - I probably needed to spend a lot more time RTFM and getting up to speed. But I did find it very quirky and although it has good 2D popups for most of the system panels, it doesn't for the MCP. This is probably an authentic representation of the real thing but the controls are very small and hard to see and have a very different layout to most other aircraft so I found it frustrating trying to use it.

This is certainly not a reliable review - I only tried flying it a few times and then "parked it in the hangar." But based on my personal experience, I would hesitate recommending it

Ian

I own it and would also hesitate in recommending it. It seems to tax system resources unusually heavily so if you do get it be prepared to fly it on shorter flights or without complex scenery etc.

I also got it recently, and quite like it. I wish it were more complex, though. It can be started up and ready to go in a couple of minutes - so systems-wise it's not that deep. The VC looks great (wish the CLS DC-10 V1 looked that good), and the flight dynamics seem pretty good for the type of bird she is. I have a lot of fun on long hauls with this one - the steepest learning curve to it will be landing once the DLC (direct lift control) kicks in. I average about 250fpm even when struggling with DLC, average landing, but it looks pretty ugly.

I've mainly used the FMS version for navigation, as the INS will take a little time to get familiar with if you haven't used it before, and it requires a good amount of attention, especially on a longer flight (which would be fun if you're able to sit in the cockpit the whole time). So, I like the combination of FMS for the haul, and more manual navigation for the approach phase of the flight(s). If you have Ernie Alston's ISG, then it will add a nice modern touch to it, and make it a lot easier on the navigation side of things. As far as FPS, I have no problems with it on a relatively decent system - taxes me about as much as the PMDG 777, which still runs pretty well for me, generally anywhere except UK2000's Heathrow.

All in all, I find it to be a great addon. I would recommend picking it up when JF has a sale, though. It's great, but I'd rather get it on sale, to make room for another smaller scenery or something!  :BigGrin:

I own both L1011 and would say that the JF version is actually quite nice. Good graphics (about comparable to the CS model) and reasonably deep systems. The CS version is definitely much more advanced with respect to systems, but JF did a good job in covering the more important parts. If you had a choice I would recommend the CS version, but given that it doesn't work for you (did you try to reinstall?), the JF model is a good second choice.

Peter

Hi,

thanks to all for the input....considering the most disappointing support of CS, I have no option but to consider the JustFlight one....

any idea if the manual and tutorial is available to download prior to purchasing pls...and any idea when in general justflight provides discount periods during the year.

tks

emann

The manual is 164 pages. It will get you flying the plane - you won't have to refer to it long, though, because it's pretty easy to start the plane up and get going. The manual covers all the panels, has a tutorial, explains the INS, has a checklist, and a couple of reference tables. It's not PMDG detailed, but it gets the job done.

Hi there and thanks...ok great...but any chance of getting a copy of it before the purchase in some way....similar to downloading the documentation before buying like from other suppliers...

regards

I have noted an update for the CS version to 1.3 and off I went for a download and and upgrade from 1.2...low and behold this bird is now in my hangar with no CTDs....so from where do I start...any pointers for youtube tutorials and other tutorials from other users...any particular tweaks that are necessary for this bird to make it more flyable and more realistic.

regards,

emann