Sign in to follow this  
cubs

PMDG 747v2 and P3D

When the 747v2 is released, will it be available for P3D right away or will it only be available for FSX first. I would like to install P3D

but I don't want to wait any longer for the 747.

Thanks!

Doug Morlan

Oo good question, I assumed it would be at the exact same time?

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

When the 747v2 is released, will it be available for P3D right away or will it only be available for FSX first. I would like to install P3D

This is not an option. The license is for FSX and not for P3D.

Kyle Rodgers

This is not an option. The license is for FSX and not for P3D.

Eh, I don't think you understood his question Kyle. He wants to know if when it comes out, the 747v2 will be released for FSX and P3D at the same time. He wasn't asking about using the fsx one on p3d.

Eh, I don't think you understood his question Kyle. He wants to know if when it comes out, the 747v2 will be released for FSX and P3D at the same time. He wasn't asking about using the fsx one on p3d.

That's what I get for skimming posts...thanks for drawing my attention to that!

Thanks!

Doug Morlan

Ignore my earlier post. The appropriate license must be purchased for the simulator you intend to use, and I'd imagine they'd release around the same time (P3D and FSX are similar, but not the same). Look for announcements about the 747v2 for update threads for the official word, though.

Kyle Rodgers

That's what I get for skimming posts...thanks for drawing my attention to that!

No problem. If you want, feel free to delete my post and your original response to avoid confusion.

Cheers!

Stefano-

Originally I thought the two would release coincidentally- and I think I may have said that here a few times.

I want to put out a note of caution on the 747-400 release into Prepar3D, however- because we are still waiting on feedback from Lockheed Martin on some issues that P3D v3 brought to the 777 and NGX product lines that require a P3D update to resolve.

These issues aren't crippling, but unfortunately we tend to take the blame for them because users usually presume any failure belongs to their PMDG product...  and frankly I am losing my appetite for adding a major product release into P3D unless we are certain those issues have been fixed or are being fixed.

Initially they seemed to be communicating pretty regularly with us on the topic, but it has been about six weeks since we were updated- so we don't know what conclusions to draw.  In the mean time we are prepping the FSX and FSX-SE versions for beta testing- and the P3D version is being worked independently with the V3 tools.

Sorry to paint a cloudy picture- but this is the best information I have at this moment in time.  As we get more information I'll try to remember to update you all!

• Upvote 4

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Stefano-

Originally I thought the two would release coincidentally- and I think I may have said that here a few times.

I want to put out a note of caution on the 747-400 release into Prepar3D, however- because we are still waiting on feedback from Lockheed Martin on some issues that P3D v3 brought to the 777 and NGX product lines that require a P3D update to resolve.

These issues aren't crippling, but unfortunately we tend to take the blame for them because users usually presume any failure belongs to their PMDG product...  and frankly I am losing my appetite for adding a major product release into P3D unless we are certain those issues have been fixed or are being fixed.

Initially they seemed to be communicating pretty regularly with us on the topic, but it has been about six weeks since we were updated- so we don't know what conclusions to draw.  In the mean time we are prepping the FSX and FSX-SE versions for beta testing- and the P3D version is being worked independently with the V3 tools.

Sorry to paint a cloudy picture- but this is the best information I have at this moment in time.  As we get more information I'll try to remember to update you all!

I wasn't the one who asked, but thank you very much for the information. It's a pity we may have to wait a while for the P3D version, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

Again, thanks for the information.

Cheers!

Rob - does this mean that P3D version will be for v3(.1?) only? Or do you also plan for v2.5?

*nervously glancing over at installed V2.4*

I sympathise with the dilemma of having small bugs falsely being attributed to your software. But hopefully those of us still on older versions of P3D won't have to wait for issues to be resolved in the V3 candidate. Please? :P

Thanks for all your hard work guys and girls. Still enjoying the heck out of the triple :)

Peter,

(And you too, Darren... LOL)

Currently we are expecting it to work equally well with v2.x and v3.x.  We are not yet adding functionality that will break backward compatibility.

I stress the word "CURRENTLY" though- as we aren't finished yet- but our goal is to wrap our arms around the entire v2/v3 community.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Stefano-

Bummer.  I thought I was completely done with FSX.  Hopefully will be resolved...

Steve Giblin

hmmm seems this new version has caused many issues with our addon developers - hope they get it worked out - very happy with new build but it has made things difficult for the developers this time around it seems

Rich Sennett

You are taking a Nov 2015 comment by RSR out of context... LM has released two minor updates since then and it all looks pretty good.

Bummer. I thought I was completely done with FSX. Hopefully will be resolved...

I'd say run, don't walk, away from FSX and get into P3D. The improved memory management, resolution of artificial movement in turns and the improved lighting effects in DX11 are just three reasons.  As for Richard's comment regarding add-on developers, I am not aware of any that impact my use of the flight simulator. The FSDT Addon Manager was updated same day as LM update, and ASN followed with an open beta in two days. Not bad support by any measure.

Let's go easy on the misinformation regarding other products here, and stick to PMDG, who will be supporting P3D and FSX.

• Upvote 2

Dan Downs KCRP