Sign in to follow this  
avgaskoolaid

Any KCMH add-ons in development?

I consider myself to be in the loop in regards to what's being developed for FSX in terms of airports and sceneries, but of course I could have missed something. Has any developer announced that they are making KCMH (Port Columbus in Columbus, Ohio) for FSX/P3D? I know that mid-size US airports don't tend to get a lot of love by developers, but ImagineSim came out with the similarly sized KAUS last year, so in my mind KCMH isn't outside of the realm of possibility. 

Here's a map from AirDailyX that shows what's available and being worked on...

http://www.airdailyx.net/adx-earth-airports/

FSDT is working on Memphis TN, FlightBeam is working on Minneapolis.  Also, I've heard that Bob Hope (KBUR) is being worked on.

Seems like the US is really lagging compared to Europe in the mid-size regional market.  There are some companies coming up that are doing some: Sim720, Dreamflight Studios.  LatinVFR and ImagineSim's work has really stepped up, IMO.  I'd really like to see Eugene OR, Salt Lake City UT, Lexington KY, Corpus Christy TX, Nashville TN, Asheville NC, Wilmington NC and many, many more.  Nothing's been touched in New England except for Boston.  Florida is getting a ton of attention. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I'd really like to see Eugene OR, Salt Lake City UT, Lexington KY, Corpus Christy TX, Nashville TN, Asheville NC, Wilmington NC and many, many more.

I think SXAirportDesign is working on Nashville now. I would guess that someone may be looking to develop Salt Lake CIty too at some point .

Hi guys, KCMH Port Columbus International Airport FSX since tomorrow in simmarket and pc aviator.

bJinpkU.jpg

ypt7E2N.jpg

Cl6xVXa.jpg

Regards.

• Upvote 1

ATO VATMEX director, VATNA P1-P2 instructor (spanish), VATSIM 897455, more than 9000 hrs flight.

Hi guys, KCMH Port Columbus International Airport FSX since tomorrow in simmarket and pc aviator

Woohoo! This looks like a nice 'lite' scenery. Are you the developer? If so, thanks for making Port Columbus and for donating the money to a great cause. Could you post a link to give us more info about the shelter (again, if you are the developer)?

I purchased KCMH but discovered that none of my UT2 traffic will work with this airport.  They will show up parked but act like static aircraft. After an hour of observation didn't see any takeoffs, landings or any other AI ac movement at that airport.  I then checked the other FSXCenery airport I bought (KMDT) and had the same results...only parked dead ac that never "wake up".  Wish this guy would spend a little more time developing and testing his airports instead of cranking them out one per week.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.