I would like to purchase a MCP for P3Dv2 and I want to be able to use it with NGX and other Aircrafts. Also can the be used on 777 767 and maybe 747?

There are so many different mfg's that I have found and I am not sure what to purchase. The reason I would like to get one is my hand to mouse coordination is starting to get a little shaky that I am having a difficult time setting parameters with a mouse that I need. As far as flight simming I am a weekend pilot so this is not for everyday use.

There are many units out there but I an not sure which is right for me, any suggestions will be appreciated.

CPFlight PRO,

CPFlight EL,

OpenCockpit NGv3,

OpenCockpit NGv2,

GoFlight PRO,

CockPit PHD - this is priced well

Virtual Avionics MCP737-R

VRInsight MCP Combo

Thank you to all that respond.

Nick

Nick Sciortino

I have the Go Flight Pro and I am very happy with it

Search for this topic..there was another thread with the same Qs and lots of feedback.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/469805-mcp-choices-that-work-with-p3d/?hl=goflight

Manny thank you for the link.

I have been reading up on these and it seems that there is no clear favorite between these three.

CPFlight EL,

OpenCockpit NGv3,

GoFlight PRO,

They are all priced similar but I cannot find anything that sets one apart from the other!

Nick Sciortino

There is no favorite as it depends on what you are looking for as they all perform the same purpose, just with different form factors and options. CPFlight and Opencockpit are usually for people looking for a 1:1 scale authentic looking MCP and Goflight for the smaller footprint size or Vrinsight and it's swiss-knife of functions.  

Shameless plus, I am selling a MCP-2xEFIS Combo on the ForSale forum. 

The reason I would like to get one is my hand to mouse coordination is starting to get a little shaky

It could be the VRi MCP might suit you best, the reason being the Vri version, although it lacks the total visual authenticity of the others, it provides many more functions. As well as doing the MCP stuff for all the major players aircraft, it also allows you the do the full nav and comms settings, changing of frequencies, transponder, ADF, VOR etc.  Whilst it supports the big players in detail, it also supports to some extent any payware or default aircraft. The extent varies to how closely the developers have adhered to standard FSXP3D protocols, but in general I've found it a very useful for a host of aircraft.

It's also possible to program the buttons, knobs and rotaries using LINDA, although I've not done this myself.

They do 2 sorts, one resembles a Boeing type MCP, and one an Airbus. They're based in Korea, but have retailers in USA/Europe.

Here's a link:

http://www.vrinsightshop.com/shop/step1.php?number=3

Eugene

My choice was VRinsight's Boeing II. It has more buttons/ knobs and radios as well. Thanks to LINDA all is working flawlessly for 2 years now.

I have goflight MCP, EFIS and radio stack. Using Pollypot softwares Goflight interface Tool you can use the Goflight hardware on any aircraft. There are built in profiles for PMDG 737 and 777. Goflight by itself also supports iFly 737 and 747 as well. If you want to use it on GA or whatever you need to program it or download a premade profile.

Thank you for all the replies and feedback.

I finally made a decision and I just purchased the Goflight MCP Pro and EFIS with their 20% off sale.....

thank you again

Nick Sciortino