Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Potential Prepar3d V3 Clue in FSUIPC Log 4.942 Release

The mental masturbation that has commenced in this thread is enough to impregnate a nun.

Let's be sarcastic and cynical to break this enthousiasm  :Tounge:

v3's PMDG you gotta pay again for it too.

At the time the PMDG 777 and NGX where released for Prepar3D V2, among all the hoopla from the FSX crowd about having to pay for these addons again, there was a statement from PMDG (if I remember from RSR himself) justifying the price and outlining what we where getting for our money. Included in that statement I am pretty sure that SRS said that price included all future updates to the the 777 and the NGX for P3D including V3 and 64 bit. I am to lazy to go dig this up in the forum but please don't tell me that I am the only one who remembers this. I am pretty sure that it was what tipped the balance in my head to repurchase the NGX while the promotional price was available.

EDIT: I see from a previous post that I am not the only one who remembers  :smile:

At the time the PMDG 777 and NGX where released for Prepar3D V2, among all the hoopla from the FSX crowd about having to pay for these addons again, there was a statement from PMDG (if I remember from RSR himself) justifying the price and outlining what we where getting for our money. Included in that statement I am pretty sure that SRS said that price included all future updates to the the 777 and the NGX for P3D including V3 and 64 bit. I am to lazy to go dig this up in the forum but please don't tell me that I am the only one who remembers this. I am pretty sure that it was what tipped the balance in my head to repurchase the NGX while the promotional price was available.

EDIT: I see from a previous post that I am not the only one who remembers  :smile:

He did indeed, rather ominously he also stated that people getting "into P3D at this stage" (referring to 64-bit) "would pay a much higher price". I did ask at the time for clarification and didn't get one.

This single throw away statement was behind me moving to P3D

Ian R Tyldesley

The mental masturbation that has commenced in this thread is enough to impregnate a nun.

Brilliant

Damn, That is is so freaking awesome statement.  I am going to use that in daily conversation and just going to replace "thread" with whatever topic/situation is happening.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Hypothetically of course ;) ... what if in V3 you were able to load your favorite massive 1GB+ airport, load you favorite 1GB+ aircraft, toss in your favorite scenery/textures, ATC, some AI, ships, boats, cars, crank up the settings to "very close to max" (and I do mean VERY close), still get smooth flight in any weather condition, and then fly for 7 hours to your favorite 1GB+ destination airport and watch your VAS drop after departure and then raise up again at destination but no OOMs and no SLI issues?

And of course all your favorite add-ons continued to work perfectly because it's still 32bit ... what would you folks think about 64bit then?  All hypothetical ...

Cheers, Rob.

Hypothetically it would be nice if you had mentioned performance increases somewhere Rob-not all of us fly in such a way to generate OOMs like that :P K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

had mentioned performance increases somewhere Rob

but I did, hypothetically of course ... 

still get smooth flight in any weather condition

Cheers, Rob.

Hypothetically of course ;) ... what if in V3 you were able to load your favorite massive 1GB+ airport, load you favorite 1GB+ aircraft, toss in your favorite scenery/textures, ATC, some AI, ships, boats, cars, crank up the settings to "very close to max" (and I do mean VERY close), still get smooth flight in any weather condition, and then fly for 7 hours to your favorite 1GB+ destination airport and watch your VAS drop after departure and then raise up again at destination but no OOMs and no SLI issues?

And of course all your favorite add-ons continued to work perfectly because it's still 32bit ... what would you folks think about 64bit then?  All hypothetical ...

Cheers, Rob.

Awesome win-win "Hypothetical" situation.  I could take this as a hint or well get surprised when it is out.  Let me know if you want me to help you beta test this release

have an awesome day

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Cheers, Rob.

Hypothetically, it sounds really good and definitely worth waiting for Rob. :)

On the other hand, 64 bits should still be a very real target for future P3D development, and I'm sure it still is.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Cheers, Rob.

Sorta like FSX-SE :lol:

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

but I did, hypothetically of course ...

Cheers, Rob.

:D Was that hypothetically on a 4yo Sandy as well Rob? ;)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

64 bits should still be a very real target for future P3D development

It is, but it's not just about LM's P3D when it comes to 64bit ... there's this entire infrastructure called 3rd party ... that's the real challenge.

Sorta like FSX-SE

Yeah, only 10X more visually interesting  :Tounge:

:D Was that hypothetically on a 4yo Sandy as well Rob?

May I recommend FS8 to you ... as I understand from those who keep "the knowledge" ... FS8, FS9, FSX, P3D v2.x, v3. is all the same code ... so it should run just fine on a 386SX ... if not, then I'm afraid you'll have to hit up your local fire departure to use the jaws of life on your wallet  :P  

Sorry, probably been testing too much and just getting over enthusiastic.

Cheers, Rob.

Sounds great to me, my only reservation about no 64bit is the autogen scenery view limit.

One of the things that bugs me apart from ooms is the circle of autogen you can see around you. Everyone shouts oom with the current limitation. I can fly with everything maxed at 4k and only turn things down because of ooms, not performance. I would rather run with lower sliders but have autogen to the horizon and use huge amounts of ram.

Running without ooms is easy with lowered sliders and this still has enough autogen showing, it is the visual limitations of having this detail radius imposed on us that is why we really need 64bit.

It is the primary reason I don't fly at night as the radius is street lights is very visible above 2000 and breaks the immersion of visually identifying your location by motorways and towns at night. In my view 64bit allows detailed scenery to the horizon a la xplane as we can finally use as much ram as needed.

Chris

Damn, That is is so freaking awesome statement.  I am going to use that in daily conversation and just going to replace "thread" with whatever topic/situation is happening.

If everyone does, poor nun will end up in a wheelchair and you'll get a Virgin Mobile.