Sign in to follow this  
toriu

AVSIM Crash-to-Desktop (CTD) guide?

Is there another way to download the AVSIM Crash-to-Desktop (CTD) guide?

I am getting fatal error messages for no apparent reason often in mid flight.  

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Is there another way to download the AVSIM Crash-to-Desktop (CTD) guide?

The guide is not currently available as it is located on the AVSIM Server currently under repair.  Once the repair is completed, it should be available again.  Check your e-mail for the original from my computer.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thank you Jim, received the guide. Prior to this I found other info on the web and installed  UIAutomationCore.dll version 6.0.5840.16386 to fsx

I've just completed a 2 hour flight with no CTD's.

Thanks again

Ray

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Glad you found the answer to your CTD's.  The uiautomationcore.dll works for some but not for others.  It's strange.  It's part of the Microsoft.net package which is used by developers (in this case, Microsoft) to make sure your application runs as intended including memory management.  I have never knowingly used it (a developer use to install it with his software packages but he did not intend to do so and many members were having problems, including me.  Once it was discovered he removed it immediately).  If you continue to have CTD's, suspect the uiautomationcore.dll in your main FSX directory.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

The guide is not currently available as it is located on the AVSIM Server currently under repair.  Once the repair is completed, it should be available again.  Check your e-mail for the original from my computer.

Best regards,

I would like to have the guide too, many thanks.

How about the FSX/P3D configuration guide? I need the P3D part.

Many thanks

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

How about the FSX/P3D configuration guide? I need the P3D part.

The P3D portion never got published as there were too many configuration changes. There are excellent guides in the P3D Forum in the Tips and Tricks forum. Future updates to this configuration guide will probably remove P3D from the title as the product is basically in beta testing. Nothing more can happen to FSX/FSX-SE. I would ask Rob in P3D to give us input but he has already posted several suggestions and configurations.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim for the quick response. For some reason lately when I approach any add-on airport, my fps drop like a rock. I am trying to figure out why. ANyway, will scan the forums (fora?) for hints.

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

pgde, on 30 Aug 2015 - 3:17 PM, said:

Thanks Jim for the quick response. For some reason lately when I approach any add-on airport, my fps drop like a rock. I am trying to figure out why. ANyway, will scan the forums (fora?) for hints.

Commercial airports have a lot of eye-candy. Members, like you, have purchased powerful computer systems and some think that moving all of the sliders to the right for all of the eye-candy at the commercial airport is indeed possible. Some developers have options to remove some of the eye-candy for better framerates but that usually happens during the install. They don't have a utility I can click on to add or remove some of the eye-candy. I know at FlightBeam's KIAD, I have had to disable the moving vehicles that take passengers to/from the aircraft and terminal. It has saved a lot of fps. I do this by going into their scenery folder and looking for things I can live without.

I do not have my settings set to max but they are high. I am currently having unexplained fps issues too. I use to get 40-50 fps in wing view for the PMDG 777. Now, they stay in the teens and 20's (which is okay but gee, why did they suddenly drop?). I am currently experimenting with settings and some addons. For instance, I would not load ASN and that would give me 5-10 more fps using the exact same scenario (same aircraft, scenery, settings, etc.). I'm still not happy. Yet, I remember when we did not have these powerful computer systems as we have today. We were all very happy with fps in the 20's. Frames in the teens were okay too as long as they were above 15 fps. We were told that movies are viewed at 15fps, then later I heard it was 30fps. So I remain confused. Still, there is no reason to have high frames because that only means you will see a lot of blurries and stuttering when that happens. FSX/P3D, very old software engines, were not developed for the latest computer systems and the developers all considered 30FPS the tops and the best for running FSX/P3D (and FSX-SE).

I wish we could get higher fps like some of these modern games that even have more graphics in them than FSX and all the commercial products put together and the users max out their sliders. FSX and P3D cannot handle the fast rendering as they were not programmed to accomplish that goal. Until a new flight simulator is developed for the modern computer systems, we'll have to wait. Dovetail Games has done some things to FSX-SE which has improved gameplay somewhat by simply using the latest Microsoft Visual C++ program (I think they are using 2010) and the latest Microsoft.net. Lockheed Martin is doing some of that too and they have optimized the autogen but you still cannot run the games at maximum settings continuously without having any problems.

I remember installing FSX and P3D on my system back in February and I decided to see how fast FSX/P3D would run with the default aircraft/scenery/settings. I got way over 100 and sometimes close to 300 fps. Then I started installing the addons. Things went downhill fast.

Hopefully you can find a compromise for your settings. I would hold the fps at 30, maybe limit to 35 and see how much better the sim runs. I think our membership has spent more times tweaking FSX/P3D/FSX-SE than actually flying and learning new things about flying.

Good luck with your research (and tweaking).

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM