Sign in to follow this  

No route historie on map...?

Since I started flying with VOR only again I am interested in how well I did when it comes to flying a straight as possible path to my destination. I now noticed the map in P3D doesn't show the route history at all anymore...! Anyone know what 8 can do to get it back or is this a bug? And yes, of course I enabled the right map options... ;)

Probably only available if you set the waypoints in the GPS / FMC ( 13th icon enabled, and see under section 5, transcript bellow...)?  

It says on this page:

"Using the Route Map

After you create a flight plan, the map on the Edit tab of the Flight Planner displays the route graphically as a red line. (For more information, see Creating a Flight Plan.) The red line indicates the route that you will follow, but you can add or delete waypoints along this route to customize it.

The map always displays north at the top. You can move the map in any direction in order to view another part of your route."

I don't know and can't check because I am well away from my p3d pc, but I'll check it latter today.

P.S: Well, I found this at the P3D Forums... (guess you must log in to be able to use the link bellow):

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6314&t=12839&hilit=route+history

"J", the circling route is closing - we will get back to MS FLIGHT someday ... being it called whatever it may end up being called in the future :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Since I started flying with VOR only again I am interested in how well I did when it comes to flying a straight as possible path to my destination. I now noticed the map in P3D doesn't show the route history at all anymore...! Anyone know what 8 can do to get it back or is this a bug? And yes, of course I enabled the right map options... ;)

Jeroen

I have started using Matt Davies ProjectFly system which has an excellent ACARS facility.  The flights are also logged and the ACARS data saved, so you can also view them historically.

eric