Sign in to follow this  
Luis Cortez

Saitek X-55, switches moving without input?

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone else with the X-55 HOTAS system had this problem. I set my flaps to SW1-2, and landing gear on SW5-6. But randomly, in FS the gear and flaps will come down/up in flight, or on the ground at random as if someone hit the switches without any user input. 

I calibrate through FSUIPC, and I notice when I want to assign commands to buttons/switches, it seems as if switches and buttons are randomly being pushed on their own erratically and I don't have time to assign a command because another switch toggles randomly. 

Does anyone have a remedy to this issue? Thank you so much!

Luis Cortez
www.fusionairways.com

Did you upgrade to Windows 10?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Did you upgrade to Windows 10?

I have not, still running windows 7 64 bit

Luis Cortez
www.fusionairways.com

Please don't get upset at simple questions, like I get when I am looking for my car keys and my wife suggests looking in the "key drawer", which of course is the first place I looked.... LOL

Have you tried plugging into a different USB port?  Also, you might investigate (Google) Saitek device issues with Windows Advanced Power Management, though the characteristic of those issues are more often associated with Windows 8.X and Windows 10, and evidenced by the device going dark and cold (non-responsive).

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Did you disable the joystick input in the options to make sure that no other buttons are causing the issue?

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Is it plugged into a USB hub? If so does the hub have its own power source? the X55 is a power hungry device that does not like to share USB power!

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

did you fix the problem?

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.