Sign in to follow this  
joergpauly

bought the MD11 twice but can't use it...

Hello,

I have to confess, I'm angry...

I once bought the MD11, flew it on FSX and everything was fine!

But then my computer crashed, I had to set up a new one. I could access all my online accounts, so I dl'ed the MD11 and tried to install it with my well known data taken from my PMDG account site. The installer denied...

I purchased it once again, paid for it the 2nd time, received new data and tried with that. Once again I was told my data was invalid.

This makes no sense to me, and it even shouldn't make sense to PMDG. So I ask for two things:

1.) I want to have the product I have paid for functioning.

2.) As this obviously's not my fault I want to have the money for the 2nd purchase recredited.

Regards

Joerg Pauly

Joerg,

Wait.  WAIT.

Before you get angry with us, and try to throw your anger in our face here in the forum- lets try something novel:

Communicate with us in a frank, friendly, open and honest manner- and give us a chance to help you!

You see- think of this place as our office.  If you storm in here yelling and pointing fingers and making demands, I'm just gonna have building security show you what the front door looks like from the outside of the building.  (I have done this to a few CNN reporters during the whole MH370 event- so they are quite good at it!)

Now- if you wander in, explain that there is a problem and ASK for help- we would be hard pressed not to do our very best to support you!  After all- we want you to enjoy our products and we want you to only pay for something one time, and we want you to come back again in the future because that is the whole point of doing what we do.

So....

I understand you had some installation trouble.  This happens occasionally.  You made a mistake in purchasing the product a second time.  This wasn't needed.  If you had reached out to us here or via support- we could have prevented that very easily.  In any case- we can easily fix this for you.  Follow David's advice and reach out to technical support. 

They WILL get you squared away- both on the extra purchase and on the installation trouble.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Good Morning, Robert,

sorry for doing it like the loco: dropping steam pressure...

You see, if you work hours and hours to get things working again and you feed FSX with about 40 Add Ons you are subject to a first class stress test.

If you then finally come to install all your PMDG A/Cs, beeing happy to come to and end and the Last One in Sequence, (after the PMDG Boeing Fleet slipped into the system like beeing prepared with grease) denies cooperation...., this might give you the rest after an 18 hours day...

I think it wasn't the best idea to open a thread in that situation...

Well, I've opened a ticket now; I even can't imagine this was unfixable..

Regards

Joerg

Hello, everyone,

here's an intermediate report regarding this case:

Thanks to Paul an Kyle the "triangular file" as we call it here in Cologne is now back in my hangar.

To me it seemed to be a problem with a trailing white space when you mark the order# to copy... several screen layouts make it almost impossible to see this.

or I'm just almost blind... :D

So there's one problem left: my falsely placed second order.

Is there any chance to rollback this? I could imagine your servers track activation attempts, so it might be possible to check this licence has not been activated yet.

I could offer a solution if it occours to be difficult to recredit the order... (but don't tell my wife... ;)):

I'd purchase the triple seven and pay the difference... ;)

Kind regards

Joerg

or I'm just almost blind... :D

Happens to the best of us.

I always love taking a stab at myself when I walk into a new airport FBO and ask the person behind the desk where something is...when that something usually has a reasonably obvious sign above it.

Hey, where's the bathroom?

*points* "It's right over there, just around the corner."

Oh hey...yeah, right under that sign that says "Restrooms"...go figure.

So there's one problem left: my falsely placed second order.
Is there any chance to rollback this? I could imagine your servers track activation attempts, so it might be possible to check this licence has not been activated yet.

I could offer a solution if it occours to be difficult to recredit the order... (but don't tell my wife... ;)):
I'd purchase the triple seven and pay the difference... ;)

This is all stuff to be asked via the official support request you have/had open. That's the best way for both of us - it's managed, tracked, and has all of your information in the file (and multiple people work the support queue, which leads to a faster response than here).

Kyle Rodgers

Well, finally it all came to a good end, and I want to thank everyone who was involved. The MD11 again is acting as a Fuel-To-Noise-Converter on my FSX ( :smile: ) and the falsely placed order has been rolled back completely.

Especially to Robert I have to appologize for my opening post. It seems to be a bad idea to post into a forum when you have spent enough hours to get a complex thing as FSX running...even knowing this is not done like "Install And Play"!

In fact I love the PMDG products for their very detailed behaviour, and beeing CAA ramp inspector I know what I'm talking about.

Kind regards

Joerg

Glad you are finally back on your feet. It's one of my favourite planes.

If you ever get tired of the MD-11, go down to EDDF and see the LH freighters there ;)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020