Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Sawyer

Dumb question, haven't flown it for a while.

I haven't flown the NGX for a while now and the other day I decided to take it up for a flight.

Correct me if I'm wrong but does the airspeed on the ground always read 45 kts when stopped?

Wasn't that supposed to be normal?

Thanks.

Jack Sawyer

Correct me if I'm wrong but does the airspeed on the ground always read 45 kts when stopped?
Wasn't that supposed to be normal?

The airspeed indicator should read 45 knots while on the ground and below 45 knots. It should increase when above 45 knots.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

For what it's worth, some cars even have speedometers set up like this. My old 325is never went below 10:

7294b7d7-a674-4362-8945-b6c536bf062b.JPG

Kyle Rodgers

Correction:  There is a difference between the airspeed value and airspeed instrument operating range.  The instrument has to have enough ram air pressure to register an airspeed, at rest it is not providing an airspeed indication. Technically it's not reading 45 kts, rather the airspeed is out of range and it is reading no airspeed available.  All airspeed indicators that use ram air pressure will have an operating range.

Not a dumb question because it reveals an area that you may want to investigate further.  Aircraft airspeed is not a simple subject, good place to start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airspeed

Dan Downs KCRP