Sign in to follow this  
Matt17Keane

Autopilot Disconnection

Just yesterday, I noticed that while on flying on a long haul, I had the plane on Lnav and Vnav and it was flying level. All of a sudden, the autopilot disconnects and the plane starts rolling to the right, as if i was trying to invert it. I tried re calibrating my yoke and reinstalling the drivers for it with no luck. I also tried doing a clean re install of the 777-200lr with no luck either. This has never happened before, and I have had it for about a year now. If it helps, i am using windows 10 and FSX steam.

Full names in the PMDG forums please.

Good, you have found that reinstalling software rarely solves problems.  What are you using for weather generation? Where you watching when the upset occured and did you notice any alarms or alerts? What was the FMA telling you after the disconnect? Were you able to control the uncommanded roll with input from your stick/yoke?  So many questions, sorry but there's probably an easy answer if we look for it.

Dan Downs KCRP

I am using Active sky next, but I looked at the conditions at the altitude my aircraft was at and all the winds and turbulence seemed normal. I watched the autopilot disconnect from just being on Lnav and Vnav and the normal AP disconnect alarm went off (warning button was illuminated, as well as a notification next to where the engine n1 is displayed). Yes the FMA alerted me that the AP disconnected and I was able to bring the plane out of the roll and back on course using my yoke. Also, I was able to reset the autopilot, and it would fly anywhere between 15 seconds and a minute before disconnecting again. BTW, my full name is Matt Keane.

Hello,

What I would suspect is an intermittent signal sent from your stick/yoke to command a roll as it would explain both the roll and the autopilot disconnection.

AP will disconnect if you move the yoke in the real aircraft beyond a certain deviation.

It would also explain why you can still fly manually and reengage the AP to see it disconnecting again.

If it occurs at each flight, you could try disconnecting physically your stick/yoke from the computer port (USB?) to check if it is the real cause.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

the winds and turbulence seemed normal.

Matt, there is no such thing as normal turbulence in FSX. ASN does a good job but you have to dial back the settings (my ASN Turbulence effect scale is set to 25).  Also what Romain says is true.

You can set up a signature block like others have done in AVSIM to save having to add your name each post, check your settings in your profile upper right of AVSIM page.

Dan Downs KCRP

BTW, my full name is Matt Keane.
To have your full name appear on your posts do the following - Click on your User Name in the upper right corner of this page. Click on My Profile. Click on Edit My Profile. Click on Signature. Type your full name in My current Signature. Click on Save Changes. That's it. Now your full name will appear at the bottom of your posts.