Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

I NEVER imagined Friday Harbor like this!

Yes.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Don't you just hate the gratuitous branding? See the plaque with Dovetail on it? You know you're using FSX:SE, you don't need to be reminded of it.  It's the same with Orbx. I KNOW I'm using Orbx I don't need it in my face!

Apart from that it looks terrific! I'll ###### that up when it's available to FSX.

Hahaha! AVSIM thinks that to grab something in a sweeping motion i.e. sn4tch is rude?

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Don't you just hate the gratuitous branding? See the plaque with Dovetail on it? You know you're using FSX:SE, you don't need to be reminded of it.  It's the same with Orbx. I KNOW I'm using Orbx I don't need it in my face!

I hate that too. Aggressive in-game branding ruins the immersion for me. I go from being in my own aviation fantasy world to one concocted, commercialized, and sold by x company. Brings a phoniness to everything.

doesn't bother me at all, in fact i would not have even noticed it unless you had pointed it out. i don't think a single texture on a satellite dish (in the place of where they would normally have a logo such as direcTv) in the midst of a few hundred square kilometers of scenery counts as "in my face" it seems more like a small inside joke if anything. to each their own i suppose.

cheers

-andy crosby

doesn't bother me at all, in fact i would not have even noticed it unless you had pointed it out. i don't think a single texture on a satellite dish (in the place of where they would normally have a logo such as direcTv) in the midst of a few hundred square kilometers of scenery counts as "in my face" it seems more like a small inside joke if anything. to each their own i suppose.

cheers

-andy crosby

I agree, I consider it an "Easter Egg" more than a slap in the face and 1 little satellite dish is hardly "gratuitous". Nice to see the developers got to have at least a little fun with it. Not like people are walking around the airport with DTG shirts on or something. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Not like people are walking around the airport with DTG shirts on or something.
Yet.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Ron, it gets worse... you can't even call a fuel coock by its proper name on Avsim...

Donald

Maybe we can get an adult only section of the forum.  :nea:

Released, and 15% off

It will be interesting to see an orbx product really auto-install through Steam. start of a new era?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

£21.24 (or USD 29.74 or € 29.74)  with 15% off?

This is same price as KSFO HD!

Sorry, there is a very nice freeware KFHR in the library and it blends acceptably good with Orbx PNW. And, to be honest, I am not particularly impressed by the shots. 

Overpriced.

I don't think a few subtle FTX logos here and there are too bad to deal with, One of my scenery's has a hot air balloon with the FTX logo on it, a little suprised I havent seen an airplane flying around with a logo yet. But I think we can all agree we just dont want the scenery to be plastered with it.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+