Sign in to follow this  
jpi19

Blurry ORBX Italy

I have Vector, Central and LC installed,  and when flying over Italy all ground textures are blurry with a huge FPS drop. Would appreciate if

someone could shed some lights on this as everything is O.K for all other countries.

Thanks

So is it the scenery in Italy that you see being an issue or is it from flying to Italy from somewhere far that causes the scenery in Italy to look blurry?  Check your settings to see if they are too high, check your graphics driver version to see if you need to update it, but most of all, read the accompanying manuals for Vector and LC as they provide some good tips for optimizing the scenery to what you have for a system.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Thanks. I have set FSX display parameters as per ORBX guidelines and problem still exist. Flight from GVA (LSGG) to Venice (LIPZ) and once

again the scenery over Italy was still blurry, even worse. I have escalated this issue to ORBX and still waiting them to came back to me.

jean pierre

Italy is just fine on my system. What plane are you flying? It makes a huge difference if you fly in a slow, comparably simple GA aircraft or fast in a PMDG plane.

Peter

I am flying Carenado Hawker 850XP and Phenom 300. I understand these aircrafts are heavy on graphics side, but what is strange to me is that

all other European countries are just fine. Still hard to understand what is causing this problem with Italy ORBX scenery.

Thanks

jean pierre

I would first try if things are better with a slow and light-weight plane, e.g., one of the default GA planes. If that helps you could try to tweak FSX (#####) or ask for help in the ORBX forum. They might be able to shed light on the question why you have problems in Italy only.

When I was still flying FSX in summer (now P3D) I had a set of saved options for different airplanes. With the Hawker and the Phenom 300 you may have to reduce your settings.

Peter