Julean

MD11 as Firefighter

What if PMDG MD11 had this repaint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG06xAbBf3Q

"10 Tanker"

And one installed this programme

LORBY-SI - FIREFIGHTER X FSX P3D

http://secure.simmarket.com/lorby-si-firefighter-x-fsx-p3d.phtml

And maybe this program that somehow ended up working together with the  Firefighter X

FS Active Fires is a utility that downloads MODIS active fire data from the NASA FIRMS website to create fires in Microsoft Flight Simulator. See the readme for more information.

https://github.com/ollyau/FSActiveFires/releases

Then if PMDG 11 then had the ground radar and weather radar

Would we then not again with PMDG end up in Aviation-heaven?

Is this possible?

All the best

Jens Michlas

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

How to do a rotate on this beast!

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Very cool, never seen that before, thanks for sharing!

23.png

Then if PMDG 11 then had the ground radar

It is not ground radar. If you are thinking of terrain that displays on the ND like in the NGX or T7, it is a terrain data base that generates the display.

It is not ground radar. If you are thinking of terrain that displays on the ND like in the NGX or T7, it is a terrain data base that generates the display.

Yes I know.

But when I realised this error I could not edit it.

All the best

Jens

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

Yes I know.

But when I realised this error I could not edit it.

All the best

Jens

I have has that happen with posts to help guys trying to solve a problem. It's a helpless feeling once the Edit button is gone.

Hi,

tried this setup with a freeware DC 10 in the 10-tanker livery and it worked. But the freeware DC 10 does not have her own VC, unfortunately.

For using the MD-11 as you describe it...

- You need the geographical locations of the real fires, either from FS Active Fires or its source

- Then you start the FireFighterX (FFX for short), spawn some arbitrary fires, save the situation.

- That savefile is a simple XML format, you can easily add or replace the real geographical locations (lat/lon) from step 1

- Load the file in FFX and you have real fires in their real positions (but they won't keep still in FFX, it will make them grow and spread)

Now for the plane:

- FFX has been designed to make use of every FS plane, it should work right out of the box (but mind weights and balances)

- I think it may be possible to merge the freeware DC-10 external model into the MD-11 as a livery. Result should be the MD-11 VC interior and DC-10 / 10 tanker exterior

- Then you have to guess the tank size and drop times - in RW this is flown with the DC-10, so maybe roughly the same for the MD-11?

- Weather radar could be provided by ASN - but I think it may not matter much - most interesting part about the weather is wind IMHO when flying 100ft above the ground dropping 40 tons of water in a few seconds.

This should pretty much do it, except the ground mapping feature. Maybe there is a gauge out there that can do it? But I guess the whole screen would constantly be red anyway :)

Information on where to get and how to use the freeware DC-10 in FireFighter X can be found on the FFX website.

LORBY-SI