Sign in to follow this  
adamdaniel

xplane - Could we have an update :-)

Hi,

Is there any chance of an update for x-plane users please? I've searched and can't see much for the last 90 days and the development thread has disappeared off the front page :-).

I'm not asking for dates, as you don't give them out and before this thread gets high jacked by the forum world, this is a genuine request.

Rgds,

Adam Rogerson

Jersey, UK

FlyUK UKV1666

Adam, there is no update. The status is unchanged. Work in progress.

Dan Downs KCRP

Adam,

Dan's answer is hysterically funny to me.  Why?  Because right now, as one of the most active beta testers for the DC-6 for X-Plane, Dan has FAR more interaction with the project on a day-to-day basis than I do.

I am firmly on the FSX/P3D side of the house- up the my ****s in 747 code and P3D v3 update work...  Sometimes I forget those guys are even over there until I see what a mess of oil drippings they leave on the floor every day...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Dan, do you know if any of the beta testers plan to make some more previews videos or show some screenshots any time soon? I'm looking forward to flying her (hopefully) soon.

Sometimes I forget those guys are even over there until I see what a mess of oil drippings they leave on the floor every day...

Note to self- Find some buckets before I fly the DC-6

Dan, do you know if any of the beta testers plan to make some more previews videos or show some screenshots any time soon? I'm looking forward to flying her (hopefully) soon.

I'm surprised others haven't yet, actually. Then again, the nature of this beta is slightly different, and with a slightly different crowd.

With the 777 and 737 (SP1d updates) Pete (Froogle) and I were usually the ones with videos. Luke usually came through with some spectacular screens and write ups, and Carl used his mastery of the English language to write some of the most vivid imagery into minds. This time, I think the active beta members are all less 'pilot' and more 'pilot-FO-engineer' with our hands soiled with aforementioned oil and not wanting to mess up the nice camera by putting our grubby hands on it. In other words, the group that is more active this time around is simply a different crowd that doesn't think to grab the camera as much.

My issue is that a lot of the changes we've been making aren't quite visual in nature, so it's tough to figure out what to show off as it would just look the same. I might get some time to record a video about engine management this week. That's something that should be mostly new (topic-wise) for a lot of the 737 and 777 drivers we have around here.

Kyle Rodgers

By different, do you mean weird? :Tounge:

haha - nope. Just not the same crowd that people here might be familiar with from the 777 beta. I think this crowd is a little more technical, which is an interesting experience. Yesterday, there was discussion of the behavior of a gauge based on the mechanics of how that gauge would work back in the era of analog instruments, though this discussion was trumped by video that we have of the actual gauge behavior. With the newer Boeings, that discussion is usually something that gets flagged against the FCOM/FCTM, or something the Tech Team flags from their actual experience.

Kyle Rodgers