Sign in to follow this  
holtjt

Bravo!

All I can say after all the years of watching the back and forth. I believe LM nailed it! Just had a flight from PHNL to KJFK PMDG 777, frames were great no OOMs. I've been flying for years watching the whole mess. Since 2004 never getting involved with the back and forth. Great job LM love it.

Boweavle :smile:

Intel I9 10900KF - ASUS 3080 TUF - ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming - 32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @ 6300

Hmm!

Intel I9 10900KF - ASUS 3080 TUF - ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming - 32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @ 6300

Yes, PMDG 777 performs VERY well in P3D V3 and like Rich demonstrated, the clouds visually look more "random" and realistic layers.  Job well done LM.

I tossed GSX, ASN, 777, FTX Global, OpenLC, and a 3rd party airport loop with some very high graphics settings (scenery, autogen all max, shadows, etc. etc.) and even changed time of day a few times ... no OOM and FPS locked at 30 (30Hz - Vsync).  No I can't use FPS as an excuse for my poor manual landings of the 777.

Cheers, Rob.

Yes, PMDG 777 performs VERY well in P3D V3 and like Rich demonstrated, the clouds visually look more "random" and realistic layers.  Job well done LM.

I tossed GSX, ASN, 777, FTX Global, OpenLC, and a 3rd party airport loop with some very high graphics settings (scenery, autogen all max, shadows, etc. etc.) and even changed time of day a few times ... no OOM and FPS locked at 30 (30Hz - Vsync).  No I can't use FPS as an excuse for my poor manual landings of the 777.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob

I hear you  :smile:

Now i know you also are in the SLI ball -game as well so could you do a new test around Flytampa EKCH gate C37 doing some 360 degrees test in the 777 or the NGX with vsync off to test FPS.

Another matter:

Can you undock PFD,ND without cutting the FPS in half or getting SLI out of sync ?

I am not quite sure which settings has been moved further with 3.0 from CPU to the GPU.

I am also thinking that my older i7-4770K@4,6 do need an upgrade as some settings is still very CPU heavy.

After hearing and testing else where  , i think there might be a big increase in FPS with the i7-4790K or whats even newer here ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I don't use SGSS AA 4X any more, the in P3D Setting of 8XMSAA is work very well ... just and FYI.

Did FT release V3 installers for EKCH?

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: Just found this thread, so that's a NO they didn't ... but they seem OK in letting folks manually install per their instructions: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7737

So I guess I can test it out for you tomorrow and let you know.  FYI, there were a few BGL's that need to be disabled in V2.5 to get performance and stutter free ... I believe I posted what BGLs to turn off a few months ago.

I don't use SGSS AA 4X any more, the in P3D Setting of 8XMSAA is work very well ... just and FYI.

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: Just found this thread, so that's a NO they didn't ... but they seem OK in letting folks manually install per their instructions: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7737

So I guess I can test it out for you tomorrow and let you know.  FYI, there were a few BGL's that need to be disabled in V2.5 to get performance and stutter free ... I believe I posted what BGLs to turn off a few months ago.

Thanks Rob  :wink:

FYI i never had any issue around EKCH like you did . I recall you had some VAS issues ? I never did. (not that i could stay belowe 4GB maxed out  :wink:  3.1.-3.3GB was my normal settings without any file disabled)

With latest install (without Global , FTXOpen LC EU and UTX2.1) i have pretty good performance .Gate A20 around 40fps in the PMDG 777 up and running . Around 32fps at gate C37 (Pretty high settings overall )

Again please educate me to what settings should be ok to activate for use with SLI systems 

Thanks in advance

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

What resolution do you use? I think that also makes a difference? On my 1920x1080 screen the 8x settings still gives me jaggies all over the place. 

I have frequently given up night flying, simply because my FR has been, shall we say, labouring with
all the scenery lighting.

I flew a few 'Night' circuits last night in the A2A Cherokee 180 around G. Summons' UK2000's EGCC and EGGP.

Probably caused havoc and gave the towers a few headaches. There were heavies all over the place.

I apologise to those Purists out there. :Big Grin:

Fantastic. Couldn't see the trees waving, though. Too dark....

I used three monitors, with the Left, Centre & Right views. Talk about 'Being there'.

Couldn't do that before v3. Too slow.

I remember when FS3 came out, moving up to EGA. That was a turning point for me.
(I started with FS1 in '86). This is one of those moments, IMO. I reckon P3D v3 has
'made it' for me. Talk about smooth.

Well done LM. :Applause:

To those doubters re 'Is it worth it ?'. YES !

Regards
Bill
0.9nm SW R03 EGOW

i7 3770K 16GB
Horizon GenX 2.0 UK Scenery Vols 1,2 & 3
UK2000 EGGP & EGCC Scenery Extreme

What resolution do you use? I think that also makes a difference? On my 1920x1080 screen the 8x settings still gives me jaggies all over the place. 

As far as I know, Rob runs P3D in 4K.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

A great positive post.  More please.

As far as I know, Rob runs P3D in 4K.

Ah, ok, yes, then P3D's AA is better/sufficient, I guess.

Ah, ok, yes, then P3D's AA is better/sufficient, I guess.

and its the most expensive way to do antialiasing (4K + Sli)...... if you crank it up more, you do not see any aliasing, and thus antialiasing isnt needed anymore - which means every antialiasing is sufficent then...... :dance:

But .... who pays the bill?  :smile:

Edit:   to topic

B R A V O !    yes !

No, but I heard you could just point the installer to the P3D v3 folder.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Happy to oblige!

I did my first full flight last night from Fly Tampa CYYZ to FSDT CYVR in the PMDG 77W flying over the recently released UTX Canada v2.  In P3Dv2 this would have been a guaranteed OOM for me but there was no OOM, and my FPS were noticeably better (at CYYZ I was in the high 20's consistently rather than the mid to high teens).  I was running ASN for weather and REX4/soft clouds for textures.  I'm very happy with what LM has done with v3, bravo!

A great positive post.  More please.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU