Sign in to follow this  
mkear

Saitec yoke and throttles, but no rudder pedals - workable?

I am looking to buy the Saitec yoke, and throttles, but my budget wont stretch to getting the rudder pedals as well just yet.      Will that setup be worth it with no rudder pedals?   

I'm currently using a logitec joystick with twist rudder and I'm wondering if i am going to replace my joystick with the Saitec stuff,  how will it work?

Anyone done this?   

Cheers

MIke Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia 

Anyone done this?   

Hey Mike,

Which Saitek setup are you looking at? I had the X-55 alone for a while, which was fine with a twist rudder. I didn't quite like it as it wasn't as precise as I wanted it to be, but it worked until I decided to spring for pedals. My previous hardware (and X-45) had a rocker on the bottom of the throttle, which worked nicely as a rudder, surprisingly.

Kyle Rodgers

Hey Mike,

Which Saitek setup are you looking at? I had the X-55 alone for a while, which was fine with a twist rudder. I didn't quite like it as it wasn't as precise as I wanted it to be, but it worked until I decided to spring for pedals. My previous hardware (and X-45) had a rocker on the bottom of the throttle, which worked nicely as a rudder, surprisingly.

Oh yes good point.      I'm thinking about this thing...  

Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Pro Flight 3-position Mode Switch 3 axis levers on Quadrant    [post=http://tinyurl.com/njcxgap]Kogan catalogue page for Saitec Yoke[/post]     ( I haven't gone shopping for the best deal yet, so this isnt necessarily where I"m planning to buy - just a look at the equipment I'm considering that's all. )     

I think that should do well for the B737 NGX and B777   as well as the other light aircraft I like to fly,   as long as the rudder issue can be worked out.  

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia. 

I think that should do well for the B737 NGX and B777   as well as the other light aircraft I like to fly,   as long as the rudder issue can be worked out.  

I looked around and there are a few pages that say it has the same twist function for the rudder. That'll work. It won't be a fine-tuned as you'd want for amazing precision, but like I said in the earlier post, it'll get the job done for sure.

Kyle Rodgers

I've been using the Saitek Pro Flight yoke for a while, with my old Saitek joystick (twist rudder) as a ground tiller.

I'd love to have pedals, but you can definitely fly like that.

John Anderson

Windows 10, FSX:SE

I5 4690k

GA-Z97M-DS3H

EVGA GTX 950, 2GB