Sign in to follow this  
AKStirling

Something upset the applecart

Hi .... at the weekend I installed p3d v3 on my win10 pc (on which my copy of FSI has run fine with FSX_SE) ... now when I try to start the sims and run FSI I get: FSX_SE ... an error log indicating invalid licence, after which FSI runs in demo mode ... p3d v3: the same error log appears followed by a .NET error telling me unable to load opuspdk.dll which resides as instructed in my p3d modules folder ... if I then click continue I am in limited operation mode ... hope you can help ....

Alan

First make sure you are using the very latest beta, that is, OpusFSI Beta Version 4.62.1.

Then check the SimForum Announcements for details of how to set up the OpusPDK Interface for Prepar3D versions 2 and 3 (it is now different).

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/announcements_topic42608_post336606.html#336606

As for running in Demo Mode, please check your generated FSISERVER.log file in your \OpusFSI folder.

If it reports one or more licences are invalid then this could be a result of changes to your PC (new hardware or operating system install etc..) in which case you must re-activate your licence(s). Please see the HOW TO REINSTALL SimForum topic.

http://www.simforums.com/Forums/how-to-reinstall_topic41975.html

If your licences are valid the licence checks also require you to have an up to date (current) OpusFSI.DLL library file. Please turn off any Anti virus software to ensure the OpusFSI licence checks can be validated. Also with Win 10 you MUST turn off and disable Windows Defender as this is a fully fledged AV program now and will block the FSISERVER program.

Stephen :-)

Of course you will need dot NET version 2 installed but if you get Type Initialisation .NET errors you most likely may not have installed SimConnect. Use our supplied SimConnect.msi to install the SimConnect libraries.

Stephen

If you still have a problem you can email us your FSISERVER.log.

Here is our FAQ regarding demo mode...

You must install the Flight1 purchase file on your C drive. You can move the msi to another location but must leave the OpusFSX and/or OpusFSI licence and key files on drive C in the C:\Opus Software folder.

Opus can only be installed on one drive in one folder. Uninstall any old versions of Opus using Control Panel, Uninstall a Program. Do not delete your OpusFSI (or OpusFSX) folder though since your configuration (DAT and CMD) and camera (CAM, LIM and CDF) files are stored there, assuming you want to keep them.

For OpusFSI check your OpusFSI\FSISERVER.log for errors. If the OpusFSI.DLL is more than 7 days old then the software has had a problem downloading the latest DLL from our server which may be due to your firewall, AV software or router blocking access. If all else fails you can manually download the DLL from our server here, and save it to your OpusFSI folder.

It may be a problem with a corrupt licence file, you should not open the licence file. Download and reinstall either,

Refer also to Reinstalling Opus on a new or reformatted PC.

Cheryl

Thanks for that Cheryl ... back up and running (with latest beta) with FSX_SE but with P3D I'm still being shown the .NET error in spite of the file having been copied over and my DLL entry in place in the Lockheed Martin folder in  'Roaming':   <Launch.Addon>

<Name>OpusPDK</Name>
<DLLType>PDK</DLLType>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\OpusPDK_v3.DLL</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

according to the text of the error message the file unable to be loaded reads: opuspdk.dll ................

Hi, make sure you have version 4.62.1 installed. We are out of the office tonight but if you follow the installation instructions it should all be ok.

With version 4.62.1 you must copy, without renaming, the appropriate version 2 (OpusPDK_v2) or in your case version 3 (OpusPDK_v3) DLL file into their Prepar3D Modules sub-folder. If the Prepar3D Modules sub-folder does not exist then it should be created.

For P3D v3 the Prepar3D DLL.XML file is located in the following folder,

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

Ensure you only have one copy of OpusFSI installed. Perhaps try uninstalling and reinstalling again.

Let us know if you still have a problem.

Cheryl