Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Ezdok for v3.0

Just out of curiosity, any difference/benefits between the two different methods? FSUIPC CFG vs. exe.xml?

Kay Nemoto

Prepar3D version 3
Win7-64 bit

Just out of curiosity, any difference/benefits between the two different methods? FSUIPC CFG vs. exe.xml?

EZDOC uses an .xml file to run and alternative is to call the program through fsuipc4 interface.

btw 1.18.x are the latest ext versions of EZDOC and the latest EZDOC utility is ver 2.0,

bob

I use the alternative because I was having the simconect issue.

Bob,

Thank you for your advice.

i followed as your suggestion and EzDok is now active in P3Dv3. When I launched P3Dv3, the view in the VC was too close up

so I pressed NUM2 to zoom back so that key instruments are visible all in one view. Since I had it that way in v2.5, the view zoom

apparently did not transfer over. No problem since I adjusted.

There is one problem however. When I pan around in my VC using the HAT switch of my Saitek yoke, the view

stutters quite a bit during the pan. It was really bad when I had Vsync on so that is now ticked off.

Anything to do in order to make the stuttering go away?

BTW, I use one of my buttons on the yoke for the pan view to swing back to a

center view position and when I press that the pan swings to the center position without the stutters.

Kay Nemoto

Prepar3D version 3
Win7-64 bit

Bob,

i followed as your suggestion and EzDok is now active in P3Dv3. When I launched P3Dv3, the view in the VC was too close up

so I pressed NUM2 to zoom back so that key instruments are visible all in one view. Since I had it that way in v2.5, the view zoom

There is one problem however. When I pan around in my VC using the HAT switch of my Saitek yoke, the view

stutters quite a bit during the pan. It was really bad when I had Vsync on so that is now ticked off.

center view position and when I press that the pan swings to the center position without the stutters.

The hat switch should only be in EZDOK software. Maybe it still is assigned in the controls inside P3D?

That always gives stutter when panning if i forget to remove it after a fresh install.

I just updated my 1.17p3d to 1.186 but the worldcamera seems not to work? So basic difference is that i had removed cameradefenition in all aircraft. cfg

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Bob,

sometimes when I've swapped over and the panel is close is because I've forgot to click on the wide view aspect in p3d settings, you could check to see if that was the problem.

bob

Yes to both.
I had the HAT switch active in the control setting within P3D. I switched it off and the pan is smooth now.
I have not corrected the wide view aspect yet but I clearly remember it being off in version 3.0.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction to get 3.0 going.

All I have now is to figure out how my ActiveSky Next gets read into P3d (it doesn't and shuts itself off)

and I have a hardware from CP Flight (EFIS and MCP) and needs to figure out how the driver gets

recognized in the options menu.

Thank you all for the help with EzDok!

Kay Nemoto

Prepar3D version 3
Win7-64 bit

Yes to both.

I had the HAT switch active in the control setting within P3D. I switched it off and the pan is smooth now.

I have not corrected the wide view aspect yet but I clearly remember it being off in version 3.0.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction to get 3.0 going.

All I have now is to figure out how my ActiveSky Next gets read into P3d (it doesn't and shuts itself off)

and I have a hardware from CP Flight (EFIS and MCP) and needs to figure out how the driver gets

recognized in the options menu.

Thank you all for the help with EzDok!

in ASN settings, general section , go down to the folder options and alter the paths to p3d. Ver 3

( 2 to change )

bob

Bob,

Thank you, ASN is now being read by P3D.
And the zoom for EzDok too is fixed by checking the wide view aspect active.

Happy camper now.

Kay

Kay Nemoto

Prepar3D version 3
Win7-64 bit

Bob,

Thank you, ASN is now being read by P3D.

And the zoom for EzDok too is fixed by checking the wide view aspect active.

Happy camper now.

Kay

that's great.

btw when I set up my views, generally, Pilot, left wing, Right Wing, Approach view, lower panel and so on I set each view to a zoom of 1.0, (my Choice, (you may want something different.) then adjust each one in, out , up or down to suit each Aircraft panel.

then choose which ones I use in sequence with the 'C' button.

I also set my left wing at the of the camera views followed by Pilot and then Right to get the best flow through.

bob

Cp flight works great with latest 3.46.

You just point the driver to your P3DV3 folder.

I think id updated the dll. Xml by it self.

I do not use wideview because i dont like the effect.

Instead i have ezdok at 0.6 zoom. It looks like terrain is being more sharp at 0.6 rather than 1.0

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Cp flight works great with latest 3.46.

You just point the driver to your P3DV3 folder.

I think id updated the dll. Xml by it self.

I do not use wideview because i dont like the effect.

Instead i have ezdok at 0.6 zoom. It looks like terrain is being more sharp at 0.6 rather than 1.0

Michael Moe

+

Yes I think it depends on the monitor and personal choice, I have a 27" IIyama monitor running at 2560x1440 and wideview looks great on it.

bob

Apologies in advance for duplication here but could someone paste or send me the details to install EZDOK with Version 3 only installed.

Seems I start following advices and then something else crops into the conversation and the original thread gets lost in the conversation.

Thanks in advance.

S

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.

I have just done it now and it successfully installed into V3 without having V2 on my PC,   but i used the Estonia Migration Tool,  some folks don't like it as they say it causes problems, i have yet to experience these issues.  

Download and Install Ezdok 1.15 from here  http://www.flight1.c...oduct=ezdockcam  Using the Estonia Migration Tool http://www.fspilotsh...ool-p-3879.html

Do Not run anything at this stage. Then update to 1.17  http://www.ezdok-sof...Update-1.17.zip

Do Not run anything yet. Then get the latest build  http://www.ezdok-sof...s/EZCA_1186.zip  copy the contents of the update to C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA.   Overwrite where prompted. 

I ran the "Config"  from inside the EZCA folder and it worked perfect.  

I would like to know how everyone is installing new aircraft after ezdok is installed. I had it installed in v3 with no previous v2 installed everything worked until I tried to install new aircraft. The configurator ran fine but no change once aircraft was loaded. Did not use migration tool.

Kevin Humphryes

I have just done it now and it successfully installed into V3 without having V2 on my PC,   but i used the Estonia Migration Tool,  some folks don't like it as they say it causes problems, i have yet to experience these issues.  

Download and Install Ezdok 1.15 from here  http://www.flight1.c...oduct=ezdockcam  Using the Estonia Migration Tool http://www.fspilotsh...ool-p-3879.html

Do Not run anything at this stage. Then update to 1.17  http://www.ezdok-sof...Update-1.17.zip

Do Not run anything yet. Then get the latest build  http://www.ezdok-sof...s/EZCA_1186.zip  copy the contents of the update to C:\Program Files (x86)\EZCA.   Overwrite where prompted. 

I ran the "Config"  from inside the EZCA folder and it worked perfect.  

Thanks Poppet. Appears to be working but I have a Objectflow error which can be ignored also the external aircraft views dont work.

Best attempt so far.

Any ideas.

Thanks 

S

Stephen Simpson

Systems: Flight System: AMDRyzen7 7800X3D, 32GB DDR, RTX4090,Windows 11.

Utilities System: I7 8700K 4.8Ghz,32GB 3000 DDR4 RAM,1x1TB SSD,Geforce GTX1080ti 11GB,Windows 11.