Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

Installing Aerosoft Products in P3D v3

Anyone tried it?

I guess you can just point the installer to the P3D v3 folder, but does it manage to locate the scenery.cfg for instance?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

I tried EGLL and it puts in the scenery.cfg in your P3Dv2 folder but you can just manually add it.

Other than that no issues so far , infact i am flying on Vatsim right now as SAS1507 EKCH-EGLL to test the ride and sofar its simply just amazing ,

Really high settings (Autogen on Dense) and VAS is so far at 2.865.000 

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

If you still have an existing Prepar3d v2 installation, then you can simply copy them over from the Aerosoft subfolder in the old P3D v2 installation and manually edit the scenery.cfg file. In addition, you have to check whether any add-on specific effect files have to be copied over, too. You can usually tell this from the filename of the effect files. I checked a couple of airports (EDDF, EGLL, LEPA) and they all work without any problems (apart from the already known problems with the runway lighting in the older Aerosoft add-ons).

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

I tried EGLL and it puts in the scenery.cfg in your P3Dv2 folder but you can just manually add it.

Other than that no issues so far , infact i am flying on Vatsim right now as SAS1507 EKCH-EGLL to test the ride and sofar its simply just amazing ,

Really high settings (Autogen on Dense) and VAS is so far at 2.865.000 

Michael Moe

Ok thanks!

Did you have a side-by installation of v2 while you installed v3 then? Cause I don't. Reinstalled everything sp I'm not sure how to manually add it as well. 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Ok thanks!

Did you have a side-by installation of v2 while you installed v3 then? Cause I don't. Reinstalled everything sp I'm not sure how to manually add it as well. 

I did but i actually uninstalled the v2 version first. All you need is to add the scenery within P3Dv3 after the installation.

Just landet in the NGX with really bad weather around EGLL today and with GSX,ASN,REX4 soft, LOD 6.5, Dense settings and actually no SLI today because i undocked my FMC (CDUII) and PFD,ND . HD2048 and high shadow Quality but no terrain shadows.Only objects (AI) and my own aircraft. AI at 20% and manager max 45 aircraft. Lowest FPS around 18 on approach to ILS 09L but mostly above 20.

Water on high and VAS was max 3.5GB but mostly around 3.4GB.

The default P3D textures/Autogen is not bad at all and ORBX shall really behave good when the instyallers arrives.  :wink:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Guest JustanotherPilot

Just point the installer to your Prepar3D v3 folder, all files are installed properly. I found when I first used the AS 320 in P3D v3, only the front left passenger door would open, none other or the cargo. This was fixed when I updated the FSUIPC to the latest v4.496. All good now.

steve

I can see that a LOT of v3 users are going to have addon scenery and other software installed in what LM refers to as the core sim. If we want to use all of our existing addons, then we may not have a choice.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

yes, this is the case with the existing Aerosoft installer logic,

P3D allows now to install externally now; i don’t think it is mandatory at this point;

it’s just recommended to adopt this in the future for greater modularity,

this does present some new complexity the installer logic needs to be reprogramed with,

allowing for external storage means updates and such are no longer going to their default preconfigured vendor location,

Aerosoft has always made a point that they have a "one product fits all sims" policy when it comes to the various versions of FSX and P3d. No hidden costs or license tomfoolery.

Aerosoft has always made a point that they have a "one product fits all sims" policy when it comes to the various versions of FSX and P3d. No hidden costs or license tomfoolery.

Kind of refreshing, isn't it?

I did but i actually uninstalled the v2 version first. All you need is to add the scenery within P3Dv3 after the installation.

Just landet in the NGX with really bad weather around EGLL today and with GSX,ASN,REX4 soft, LOD 6.5, Dense settings and actually no SLI today because i undocked my FMC (CDUII) and PFD,ND . HD2048 and high shadow Quality but no terrain shadows.Only objects (AI) and my own aircraft. AI at 20% and manager max 45 aircraft. Lowest FPS around 18 on approach to ILS 09L but mostly above 20.

Water on high and VAS was max 3.5GB but mostly around 3.4GB.

The default P3D textures/Autogen is not bad at all and ORBX shall really behave good when the instyallers arrives.  :wink:

Michael Moe

Thanks. I went with this method and it worked perfectly. 

However, tried installing Aerosoft's Helsinki X, but it doesn't seem as the runway night lights are fully compatible.  On the other hand, these are the products I have installed and seems to work flawlessly:

Aerosoft Oslo v2

Aerosoft Bergen X

Aerosoft Tromso X

Aerosoft Arlanda X

Aerosoft Thessalonoki X

Aerosoft Mallorca Evolution

Will try Aerosoft Night Environment tonight, but according to Chris Bell, it should work.

Just point the installer to your Prepar3D v3 folder, all files are installed properly. I found when I first used the AS 320 in P3D v3, only the front left passenger door would open, none other or the cargo. This was fixed when I updated the FSUIPC to the latest v4.496. All good now.

steve

Yes, I also managed to get the Aerosoft Airbus(es) to work. Also tried installing FS2Crew and while it adds to the panel.cfg, it won't load when pressing N (or whatever button you have for autofeather). 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

follow the instructions posted here carefully

and you will be up and running under v3.0 in no time

as always im monitoring our support forums if you run into any issues,