Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

777 - 300 ER SP1d and weather

Hi have the SP1D, and have fsrealwxlite feeding weather from a laptop connected to my PC via fsuips/widefs.

Even when I don't copy the weather file into the pmdg/wx folder, if I request descent forecast in FMC I get weather at certain flight levels. Where is that weather info coming/being pulled from ?

Is it coming from fsrealwx lite ? Or some random some picked from somewhere.

Some flight I generate wx file from simbrief and copy into the pmdg/wx folder before the flight, which I assume gets winds based the flight plan. But even if I don't generate a wx file, plus there are no old files in that folder, my fmc is able to get descent forecast winds, has be confused.

Anyone can help here ?

Thanks

Anyone can help here ?

Even without the wx file, the 777 will attempt to pull whatever data is in the sim into the FMC. It'll read the weather right out of the sim to attempt to sidestep any limitations in whatever software you're using, and still simulate the datalink connection.

Kyle Rodgers

Anyone can help here ?

See pages 165-168 Weather Forecast Data in the PMDG 777-200LR/F manual. To have all this work correctly I believe you need ASN as your weather engine.

See pages 165-168 Weather Forecast Data in the PMDG 777-200LR/F manual. To have all this work correctly I believe you need ASN as your weather engine.

Simbrief produces a WX file for the planned route in the correct format so wind forecast uplink data is available along the route, just as it would be from ASN. No doubt PFPX does something similar. So it should all work correctly without ASN.

ki9cAAb.jpg

No doubt PFPX does something similar. So it should all work correctly without ASN.

Do you have PFPX and if you do have you ever tried to export winds aloft to T7? When I export routes to the T7, I have seen the option to export winds aloft for the T7.

Do you have PFPX and if you do have you ever tried to export winds aloft to T7? When I export routes to the T7, I have seen the option to export winds aloft for the T7.

I don't have PFPX, I use Simbrief and that can export wind forecast data in the same format as ASN. I would expect the PFPX option to export forecast winds is what could be used by those who don't have ASN.

Like the OP I used to use FSrealWX Lite for weather with Simbrief for planning which worked well. I only invested in ASN when the WXR functionality was added to the 777.

ki9cAAb.jpg