Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Aircraft pulling to one side on take off

My aircraft is pulling to one side during the take off roll. I have tried calibrating the joystick again, but it has not solved the issue. I never had this problem in P3D v2.4, so I am somewhat puzzled...

EDIT - Ah, I have just realised that this could be an FSUIPC issue. I will need to investigate.

I assume that others have successfully installed FSUIPC 4.946? This is supposed to be compatible with P3D v3, but I am getting a "can't find fsx.exe" error message during the installation :huh: Can anyone help?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My aircraft is pulling to one side during the take off roll. I have tried calibrating the joystick again, but it has not solved the issue. I never had this problem in P3D v2.4, so I am somewhat puzzled...

EDIT - Ah, I have just realised that this could be an FSUIPC issue. I will need to investigate.

I assume that others have successfully installed FSUIPC 4.946? This is supposed to be compatible with P3D v3, but I am getting a "can't find fsx.exe" error message during the installation :huh: Can anyone help?

Before you go too far off in troubleshooting things, there's a giant sail on the back of the plane that wind can push on quite strongly. If you had a crosswind, the aircraft will definitely pull.

Kyle Rodgers

I have been using the plane in P3D v2.4 since the P3D version was released, Kyle. My weather conditions are set to clear and calm, just like they were before I switched to v3. The plane continues to pull to the left on the runway of my test airfield. However, I do not yet have any version of FSUIPC installed in v3, so I suspect that this is indeed the problem.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have been using the plane in P3D v2.4 since the P3D version was released, Kyle. My weather conditions are set to clear and calm, just like they were before I switched to v3. The plane continues to pull to the left on the runway of my test airfield. However, I do not yet have any version of FSUIPC installed in v3, so I suspect that this is indeed the problem.

It's a valid question, honestly. It's something a lot of people don't think about, so I asked.

As far as the rest goes, our aircraft are not dependent on FSUIPC, but if your controls are, then you should have the latest version installed (I'm not sure how you do that, though - probably a question for the FSUIPC crowd). Do you have a rudder axis or brake axes?

Kyle Rodgers

I have Auto Rudder enabled. I am currently trying to install FSUIPC 4.946 (which is supposed to be compatible with P3D v3), but for some reason it is displaying the error message "can't find fsx.exe". Quite why it is looking for fsx.exe when the sim that I uninstalled was P3D v2.4 is a complete mystery! I have never installed FSX on this PC, as I switched to P3D when my old PC failed.

EDIT - I managed to get FSUIPC 4.946 installed for P3D v3, but it has not solved the problem. I am very puzzled.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It isn't a PMDG 737NGX problem, Kyle. I have just noticed that it is happening with all of my aircraft. In fact, it is also happening in Slew mode. If anyone has any ideas about what might be causing this (and how to fix it), then please let me know!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Try unplugging your controller and (perish the thought) using the keyboard. Just to isolate the problem. 

Very likely to be a controller calibration issue, the null point obviously needs resetting. You can use Windows integral game controllers interface to read the values from the your controls. If it's calibrated correctly within Windows, then it's likely an FS UIPC issue.

There is a possibility there could be something else providing input.

Either that or it's propwash  :P  (think i may have spent too much time in the Q400)!

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Not trying to be a smart-xxx, but I remember what my older brother said to me when I mentioned that my brand new 1966 Chevelle SS 396 pulled to the left when I let go of the steering wheel.

He said "Don't let go of the wheel"!

• Upvote 2

At the risk of sounding like Captain Obvious, have you checked your rudder trim?

Reason I ask: I had what smelled like a problem with this in the simulator last week.

--John R. Strohm

I solved this problem a long time ago, but to be honest I can't remember the solution!!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png