Hello all,

I'm wondering if I can get some advice from the pro's in this forum?  I'm currently running P3D 2.5.  My monitor is on it's last legs and I'm looking at a new one.  I've researched this quite a bit but there seems to be a difference of opinion and it's based on hard core gaming.

Should I buy a 60hz, IPS monitor, a 144HZ monitor or a Gsync type?  I get about 80 FPS at altitude, 20-30 FPS at a busy airport and about 10 FPS at CYYZ.

With these frame rates, does it make sense to get a top of the line Gsync monitor or should I stick to a 60Hz?  Is there a real benefit and will you notice the difference using a 144HZ?  I am eventually thinking of setting up 3 monitors in the not too distance future.

Anybody have some thoughts on this?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I assume you will be upgrading to v3.0 ?  I have no clue how to answer you question but it may help others provide you with the information you need.  Also what size of monitor are you looking for?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Hi Mark,

Yes, I would be upgrading to V3.0, but not until early next year.

There's too much into out there, but nothing really pertaining to P3d.  I'm leaning towards a 144hz but I'm reading that it doesn't do too well if the frame rates get too low.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding it.  

I'm running a GTX 780 and the computer is for P3D only.

What are you guys using and how is it working out?

Hello all,

I'm wondering if I can get some advice from the pro's in this forum?  I'm currently running P3D 2.5.  My monitor is on it's last legs and I'm looking at a new one.  I've researched this quite a bit but there seems to be a difference of opinion and it's based on hard core gaming.

Should I buy a 60hz, IPS monitor, a 144HZ monitor or a Gsync type?  I get about 80 FPS at altitude, 20-30 FPS at a busy airport and about 10 FPS at CYYZ.

With these frame rates, does it make sense to get a top of the line Gsync monitor or should I stick to a 60Hz?  Is there a real benefit and will you notice the difference using a 144HZ?  I am eventually thinking of setting up 3 monitors in the not too distance future.

Anybody have some thoughts on this?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, a G-Sync monitor would be only be of use to you if you were averaging well over 30FPS at all times as the minimum refresh rate it supports is 30Hz. 

I'd definitely be opting for a 60Hz IPS panel for sheer image quality and the best viewing angles. I have a 144Hz monitor which I bought before I got into FSX. It's great when you're playing other games and getting huge frame rates as everything looks smoother. Not as big a difference a G-Sync monitor would make, but they were barely out and cost an arm and a leg at the time. They're still relatively expensive too.

If I had a choice now, regardless of what games I was playing it would definitely be an IPS panel.