Sign in to follow this  
flyultimate

FSX DX10 Shots Using New Nvidia 258.50 Update

Downloaded the new Nvidia 258.50 and re-installed the NVI FSX Profile today. This is one of the best Nvidia driver updates I have seen to date. The shadows are MUCH better and more fluid than I have experienced so far.

Cheers, Jim

Screenshots from FSX DX10 today:

KROW dct KHMN

2015-10-8_11-22-10-213.md.jpg

KMAF dct KSJT
2015-10-8_14-33-18-96.md.jpg

KMDW dct KART
2015-8-7_18-30-2-387.md.jpg

KSRR
2015-5-25_13-39-0-131.md.jpg

Those look great. I think you mean the 358.50 drivers though. 

Also, would you mind sharing your Fixer and NI settings that you used for the results? 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Those look great. I think you mean the 358.50 drivers though. 

Also, would you mind sharing your Fixer and NI settings that you used for the results? 

You are right, I meant 358.50. Thanks!

The biggest help for me was using FSX Borderless application. In windowed mode, with the NVI settings, there are no jaggies.

http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php/topic/9008-fsx-or-p3d-borderless-in-windowed-mode/

FSX DX10 NVI Settings:

10082015FSXDX10.md.jpg

There are some who will say I'm using settings that don't work in FSX. But, if I change one setting, the graphics are NOT the same. I guess I have one of those "it shouldn't work but does" computers! :smile:

With Steve's Fixer, I only use the AA and shadows settings:

DX10 Anti Aliasing - 8x

Shadows:  Toned Shadows, Reduce Falloff With Angle, Force VC Walls, HD Shadows, Fix Distant Shadows, HD All Aircraft, Shadow Bias 0.5, and Volume Shadow Bias +2.

Thanks for the comment.

And system specs too please...

Greg

Hi, Greg,

I am using a home built system consisting of:

Windows 7 Professional, ASUS Crosshair V Formula MB, AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core Processor, EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 4G GTX 970, 16GB Corsair DDR3 1600C9 Memory, and 4 Western Digital VelociRaptor 10,000 RPM 600G Harddrives.

Jim

Nice shots! I love the P.51D Mustang!

Thank you very much. That's my favorite!

As is the A2A P-51. A2A did an incredible job with her.

i have bought a gtx 980TI and are running fsx steam, i must say that steam is just a bit better than the old fsx, more smooth, im very happy with fsx now.

Also very happy with my gtx 980TI

I just updated by GTX970 to these new drivers.  I don't think I notice much in terms of image quality but I will say that the lighting seems better, more subtle I think.  Note I am using FSX-SE with DX10 Fixer.

tJc9eXG.jpg

fIqEUXs.jpg

• Upvote 1

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Thank you very much. That's my favorite!

As is the A2A P-51. A2A did an incredible job with her.

And too War Thunder.

Nvidia's new driver update 358.50 has really made an incredible difference that I can see. What an improvement!

Very nice set of shots! I'm impressed with FSX:SE and DX10.

Thanks Daniel. I can't get over what we are able to accomplish with FSX these days. Especially with your outstanding work! Can't wait for your next update, Daniel.

I've taken out my commercial products for yours and love it!

I just updated by GTX970 to these new drivers.  I don't think I notice much in terms of image quality but I will say that the lighting seems better, more subtle I think.  Note I am using FSX-SE with DX10 Fixer.

tJc9eXG.jpg

fIqEUXs.jpg

Mark, these are great screenshots! The Duke is a great machine. That is a beautiful sky in the second shot.

It appears that Nvidia has really come through this time for us. The overall graphics are the best yet that I have seen.

I did notice, and need to verify, that the rotating beacon wasn't working at KROW last night. It might be just a fluke, but, will do another night flight this evening and check.

i have bought a gtx 980TI and are running fsx steam, i must say that steam is just a bit better than the old fsx, more smooth, im very happy with fsx now.

Also very happy with my gtx 980TI

Michael, I'm a late bloomer to DX10 and have only been using it mostly this past year. Thanks to Steve's Fixer. FSX is an outstanding product, made better by some really talented folks out there. Never thought FSX could look so GOOD!

And too War Thunder.

And, too War Thunder!

Cheers To All and Thanks for the Posts,

Jim