Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

Settings an addons for p3d v3

Hello i was wandering what addons work for p3d v3 also my curent system is a 4790k at 4.6 gtx580 8gb ram at 1600 mhz and my mobo is an asus sabertooth z97 mark 1 i am running windows 7 64 bit ultimate what cfg settings do i need and nvidia settings and also ingame settings please help as i am new to p3d thanks.

Alexander Shepherd

Punctuation is your friend, my friend. And so is Search. Really. Your answers have been answered lots of times already. You are asking a lot of different things too for one topic, I have to add, which usually isn't a good idea.

Anyway, working addons: http://www.avsim.com/topic/475752-v3-developer-updated-software-thread/

For your system I'd use the default P3D settings, fly for a while and then slowly up the settings you personally like: no one else can tell you that without knowing what you like exactly.

Concerning cfg settings: 95% of the P3D users will advice you to not fool around with the P3D.cfg. It's really not needed. And forget about nVidia settings with your card. Use defaults.

To start with, the perfect settings differ per system. Your system isnt bad at all, although the GPU might be a bottleneck in your system, so that would be the part that will limit your performance. Id say, start low and slowly turn the sliders you want most, up and keep checking FPS and VAS and go as far as your system can handle.

Like Jeroen already said, there's plenty of talk about settings and addons in this forum, as well as the P3D forum, just keep up with what others are writing and you should get plenty of information.

To mention a couple of addons that are working right now:

FTX Global 1.40

FTX OpenLC EU 1.20

FTX Central v2

UTX USA v2

UTX EUrope v2

UTX Canada v2

PMDG 737

PMDG 777

FSUIPC

REX TD

ASN latest beta

PrecipitFX

EMT beta

A2A P3D addons (and I hear from several FSX installers they do work in P3Dv3)

Carenado with P3D installers seem to work

Majestic Dash8 current version does run, bug tends to show some minor bugs.

So from the top of my head, this would be about it...

Cheers!

Maarten

Do you think upgrading to a gtx 870 is worth it.

970 sorry

Get a 980ti and then down the road you can add another one unless you have the money for 2 Titan X's - either way I wouldnt buy anything less than a 980ti or you are wasting your money imo

Rich Sennett

Now now Richard, no need to make me feel bad lol. I have a GTX970 and it is wonderful. I am getting 25 FPS in NYC with the NGX with Drzweicki NYC X and its not even the P3D optimized version.

But I do agree if you can spend a little more why not get the 980? Really its just practical to get something that would make a longer run.

Get a 980ti and then down the road you can add another one unless you have the money for 2 Titan X's - either way I wouldn't buy anything less than a 980ti or you are wasting your money imo

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Now now Richard, no need to make me feel bad lol. I have a GTX970 and it is wonderful. I am getting 25 FPS in NYC with the NGX with Drzweicki NYC X and its not even the P3D optimized version.

But I do agree if you can spend a little more why not get the 980? Really its just practical to get something that would make a longer run.

Hi Alcides - heres one for yah - I was asked to do the NYC test and I am getting 45 to 50 fps with almost no autogen pop and smooth panning spot view - in V3 with one Titan X - got to luv V3

Why invest money into a card thats just not enough when you can spend a bit more and have something that works well  :)

Rich Sennett

Ah yes that is good. I agree thats what I said in the last part. But still the 970 is a good card. Anything less than the 970 is truly wasting money

Hi Alcides - heres one for yah - I was asked to do the NYC test and I am getting 45 to 50 fps with almost no autogen pop and smooth panning spot view - in V3 with one Titan X - got to luv V3

Why invest money into a card thats just not enough when you can spend a bit more and have something that works well :)

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight