Sign in to follow this  
willultra99

UT2 for V3

You don't need EMT to get UT2 working in P3D v3. There are one or two other threads on this forum that explain exactly how to do it. I can't recall where they are at the moment, but they are almost certainly in the P3D section.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Will UT2 ever fix the installer for P3DV3 where you don't have to do all this?

Regards

Lamar Wright

You don't need EMT to get UT2 working in P3D v3. There are one or two other threads on this forum that explain exactly how to do it. I can't recall where they are at the moment, but they are almost certainly in the P3D section.

Could not locate them. Only 2.5

Will UT2 ever fix the installer for P3DV3 where you don't have to do all this?

UT2 hasn't been updated since 2010 and according to Flight1 the author is MIA.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I think it is essentially the same method as with P3D v2.5. If I can remember how to do it, I will post something here.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I would appreciate that.

BTW, I'm wondering if it would be possible to bring in UT models into MT6.

That might be an alternative.

Totally borked my system.

Ain't going to do THAT again.

Be sure you do a complete system backup prior to doing any of this.

It completely borked my P3D install making it unbootable after triple checking everything.

Thank god for Macrium Reflect.

Mark

+1000000000 on the disk imaging program

Love Macrium- saved my bacon more times that I'd like to admit.

Worth the cost.

I do not have FSX installed just a clean version of P3Dv3. I try to run the UT2 installer by adding a dummy FSX.exe file in main sim folder C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3 and then pointing the installer accordingly but I get an error message saying the path is invalid. Is it possible to get UT2 installed without FSX and the migration tool?

John,

You have to create a dummy FSX setup. Look at this thread. It's about EZdok, but the setup for UT2 would be the same, with respect to the fake FSX. Look at post #9. Nothing you add or create will change the nature of your system:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/477130-ezdok-camera-in-v3-without-v2-install/

In addition, as stated by Rick Wilson, you have to make entries into exe.xml, your fake FSX.cfg, SimObjects.cfg and UT2settings.cfg. He explains it perfectly.

That's the way I did it and UT2 appears to be happy.

Graham thanks for the link but that process to make a dummy FSX seems cumbersome for me anyway....may have to jump ship to MT6 provided it has a P3dv3 compliant installer.

John Pipilas

Win 10 ​- i7 2600k CPU - AMD Radeon R9 Fury X GPU 

Love Macrium- saved my bacon more times that I'd like to admit.

Worth the cost.

Macrium is the best. Has saved me countless hours over the last couple of years. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Graham thanks for the link but that process to make a dummy FSX seems cumbersome for me anyway....may have to jump ship to MT6 provided it has a P3dv3 compliant installer.

You're welcome. It is cumbersome. However, UT2 expects to see FSX on your computer. Best of luck one way or the other. MyTraffic 6 is updated, but you will see frame rates drop and VAS usage increase. Furthermore, the UT2 models are superior. You will get more up to date schedules, better AI coverage and military traffic with MyTraffic. Also, UPS, FedEx, etc will not be Daedalus.

The fake FSX takes about 15 minutes.

Speaking of UT2.. If I import a schedule for example Alpha Indias summer 2015 SouthWest and load it into UT2, what happens to the Southwest schedule that was already in UT2? Do I need to disable the old southwest schedule somehow? Any help is appreciated.