Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

ProATC-X in P3D V3 always crashing before TOD

ProATC-X in P3D V3 always crashing just  before TOD in all cases

version 1.7.0.2

(v1.7.2.0 does not fix these issues and I cannot auto-download anyway)

I have flown many flights already in 1.7. 0. 2 and have had no problems. What version of windows and P3D are you using?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I suspect it is a V3 issue. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I suspect it is a V3 issue. 

So you have Pro-ATC/X ?

what are you basing such a suspicion on?    deductive reasoning?

if it is not proATCx and only left option is P3D?

So you have Pro-ATC/X ?

what are you basing such a suspicion on?    deductive reasoning?

if it is not proATCx and only left option is P3D?

Both.      I use Pro ATC X at least twice a day, and am following  the Pro ATC X  forum all the time as well as their Facebook page. There has not been one issue that I know  of , of Pro ATC crashing that has been posted by anyone so far.  The new player in the game is V3 ( which the OP mentioned by the way), so it would seem, that this could be an issue. It isn't like people aren't having weird add on problems with V3, they are posted all over the internet. You got any better ideas?

Is it crashing or freezing?  Do you by chance have "pause at top of descent" turned on for your aircraft?  ProATC/X does not have any kind of link to the TOD computed by the FMS, so it seems odd that it would always crash at that point.

MD

Hello Allen,

Bobsk8 and MadDog have good points on what is/might be happening. Can you please post the log of such crash/freeze on the ProATC support forums so we can have a look.

Thanks!

I am rebuilding the data import and alignments

If you dont hear from me again then that was the issue

I seem to be having this issue all of a sudden myself.  Going to give what OP did a shot and report back.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

For what its worth I have had one proatc crash just after leaving STD.

Then next flight ProAtc continued in P3d, but the main window on desktop stopped responding for the rest of the flight

The crashes are new for me as well, however this is the only version of proaatc have ever flown with.

Not done any windows update in 2months

Please post a log on the support forum and we'll have a look. Thanks!

Realigning scenery corrected the issue.  Was able to duplicate it 3 flights in a row with the airbus and pmdg 737.  All is back to normal.  I don't believe I had the detailed logging enabled (I think its an option somewhere) so I don't have any logs to provide.  The "logs" folder only has logs of successful lights with no crash data.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals