Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

My Saitek Pro has given up after 5 years or so of great service. I have a new yoke on order, but am trying to use my Saitek Rudder Pedals and a Saitek USB Throttle Quadrant together with a USB sidestick controller (Thrustmaster T1600M) which I have. The throttle quadrant works fine, but I am having problems with the rudder pedals.

If I go to FSX and <ENABLE Controllers>, the green power light illuminates on the pedals, and the pedals return correct movements and calibration. However, after 'unticking' the <ENABLE Controllers> box, when I go to FSUIPC and attempt to assign the axis - there is (apparently) no signal and thus no functionability. 

Another related problem - if I try and use the Saitek PS2 connect Throttle Quadrant by using a PS2/USB converter, then connect directly to my computer (bypassing the yoke), the green power light illuminates but again there is (apparently) no signal and again no functionability when trying to assign axis via FSUIPC.

My question basically is this: do the rudder pedals and the PS2 throttle quadrant require to be connected via a working Saitek Pro Yoke?

I too have the pedals, but have never connected them to my yoke. In this instance, the yoke only acts as a hub, and a bus powered one at that, unless, of course you buy the power supply for it.

It would be better if you could connect them directly to the motherboard USB port, but failing that, I use a powered hub.  It is preferable to use only USB 2 for these controls.  I found that I had issues with FSUIPC too, but connected them before everything else and this seemed to work for some odd reason.  Sorry I couldnt be of more help.  

Not sure about the pedal with the side stick but I can fix the yoke if you want to ship it to me. Just pay for shipping both ways and parts. I can turn it in about 2 weeks or so. Total cost should be between $30-$50 with shipping being the most expensive. PM me if you're interested.