Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Realair Turbine Duke for v3

Are we saying the landing lights issue will have to wait on a LM patch to P3Dv3 before RealAir releases the Lanciar Legacy or is this specifically for the Piston Duke? I guess to ask in lamon terms is a LM patch required before RealAir releases additional aircraft for P3Dv3? 

Thanks

Regarding the landing light issue, it is most strange. If you have enabled 3d lights then a quick reload (there is a key to do this instantly and therefore without hassle) usually brings the lights back immediately. We can't work out if this is a Prepar3d V3 fault or not, but we can say it didn't happen in P3d V2. It could conceivably be an MDL compiling issue but I doubt that. Personally I have only seen this happen when I attempt to load a previously saved flight. Some might have noticed an advisory message pops up when you recall a saved scenario in P3d V3. The message alludes to some panel configuration that might not be correctly reloaded. This did not happen in P3d V2.

If it is a P3d V3 flaw then I expect there will be an update. Meanwhile I can assure people that we do our very best to make sure everything works as it should.

Regarding Simmarket, there was a mistake in our first upload to simmarket which did not recognise serial keys of original Duke V2 P3d customers. We have now corrected this and re-uploaded.

IMPORTANT! If you previously attempted to run the P3d V2 T Duke in P3d V3 it will not work, but it also leaves some duplicate files there even if you un-install then install the proper P3d V3 update. The important thing is not to have ANY Duke files duplicated in any P3d V3 folder. All Duke files should be OUTSIDE of P3d V3 itself. In particular search for the file RASDukeTv2_sound.gau file. If you have this file anywhere other than the proper place it will cause an error message.

Best Wishes,

Rob - RealAir

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Guest tymk

My experience is that this is in fact a V3 bug, not a plane-specific one. It also affects 3D lights in A2A planes and VC night textures across the board.

Put simply, if you load your plane at a time the sim considers "day", then fly on, 3D lights and night VC textures won't load as sim time transitions into "night" (hard to say precisely at what time it occurs). If you load the plane at "night", you'll usually get 3D lights and correct textures.

Tym

Rob, 

This issue surfaces with other aircraft also, not specific to RealAir ... PMDG, Carenado, etc. etc. also exhibit the problem.  I'm 90% sure this is a bug with P3D and I'm expecting will be resolved with next P3D update (if not I'll do my best to get it addressed).

I've assigned "Reload User Object" to a button on my throttle quadrants ... this doesn't always fix the issue and may require two "reloads" before the lights work as expected.  BUT, be warned (pending the aircraft you use), each reload will consume about 100MB-200MB VAS (that will not be recovered).

Tym,

I've found that loading at night doesn't always guarantee the lights will work either.

Cheers, Rob.

Hope the fix comes soon.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

Rob, 

This issue surfaces with other aircraft also, not specific to RealAir ... PMDG, Carenado, etc. etc. also exhibit the problem.  I'm 90% sure this is a bug with P3D and I'm expecting will be resolved with next P3D update (if not I'll do my best to get it addressed).

I've assigned "Reload User Object" to a button on my throttle quadrants ... this doesn't always fix the issue and may require two "reloads" before the lights work as expected.  BUT, be warned (pending the aircraft you use), each reload will consume about 100MB-200MB VAS (that will not be recovered).

Tym,

I've found that loading at night doesn't always guarantee the lights will work either.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob,

I wasn't aware that the reload operation consumed so much address space. If it does this is a major flaw. Thanks for that info which is appreciated!

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

Hi Rob,

I wasn't aware that the reload operation consumed so much address space. If it does this is a major flaw. Thanks for that info which is appreciated!

I Installed the Legacy V2 P3D3 and the Turbine Duke V2 P3D3 in my new PC and registered online using my e-mail/pwd while installing

And I see it has installed in the same drive I have my P3D but outside the P3D folder

But I do not see the aircraft available to select

Any idea what went wrong and how to fix this?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter