Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

Global Mesh packages

Who is using what in relation to global or regional mesh packages?

I've been looking at the Freemesh X downloads.  Can anyone recommend anything...payware or freeware?  I'm particularly looking for good African mesh.

Thanks

erich

I can highly recommend FreeMeshX, in many ways, appearance, ease of use, performance, price...

Ian S

38.jpg

+1 for FreeMeshX.  Absolute simulation must-have, and LOD12 for North America is coming soon.  FOR FREE- I still cant believe it.

Thanks Rhys/Ian.  I have downloaded the African package and will install it this evening.  I am also keen to install the European package now based on your recommendation

I don't see how you could possibly go wrong with FreeMesh. I've had a few other global meshes and really prefer the freeware.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I'm in Cape Town and I've tried three African meshes (payware)

1) NMG Trading

2) FS Global Ultimate Africa/Middle East

3) FS Genesis (South Africa)

I use Table Mountain as a bench mark.

By far, FS Genesis is the best but I use FS Global since it is P3D v2,v3 compatible. Also FS Genesis is South Africa only, while Global is Continent wide....so it all depends upon where you want to fly..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

I'm in Cape Town and I've tried three African meshes (payware)

1) NMG Trading

2) FS Global Ultimate Africa/Middle East

3) FS Genesis (South Africa)

I use Table Mountain as a bench mark.

By far, FS Genesis is the best but I use FS Global since it is P3D v2,v3 compatible. Also FS Genesis is South Africa only, while Global is Continent wide....so it all depends upon where you want to fly..

Hi Peter

I'm from Cape Town originally and also use the modelling of Table Mountain as a benchmark of mesh well done.  NMG's representation of Table Mountain looks pretty good to me except the Cape Point region where everything seems to fall a bit flat.  I will experiment with various meshes the weekend.  

Hi Peter

I'm from Cape Town originally and also use the modelling of Table Mountain as a benchmark of mesh well done.  NMG's representation of Table Mountain looks pretty good to me except the Cape Point region where everything seems to fall a bit flat.  I will experiment with various meshes the weekend.  

When you come back to Cape Town we can meet!! I'm in Table View.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

When you come back to Cape Town we can meet!! I'm in Table View

I grew up in Table View :)