Sign in to follow this  
badger3009

Poor fps

Please can somebody give me a little advice. I seem to be experiencing a very poor frame count this is my system.

AMD FX-9590 Eight Core CPU (4.7GHz-5.0GHz/16MB CACHE/AM3+)

Motherboard ASUS® SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0

32GB KINGSTON HYPER-X BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2133MHz X.M.P

NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti - DVI, HDMI, 3 DP

C drive=500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6GB/s HDD 7200RPM 16MB CACHE

F drive=1TB VELOCIRAPTOR WD1000DHTZ, SATA 6-Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (10,000rpm)

[this is my flight sim drive]

3 x IIYAMA E2273HDS 22" LED WIDESCREEN, 2 HDMI/DVI-D 1920x1080

[set to 5760 x 1080] resolution in game.

I am currently running Windows 10 with prepar 3D v3 installed with active sky rex4 texture direct with ftx global,vector,openlc europe installed various airports like aerosofts Heathrow,Palma,Ibiza.with pmdgs777 being my favourite aircraft.

My settings are turned to probably a medium setting and I struggle to achieve 10 fps

I get jealous of some of the videos I see on YouTube that show settings maxed out and they seem to get 30fps could it be a poor choice in processor that is inhibiting my count,I seem to keep on shelling out money but getting nowhere,I am a fairly new starter to flightsimming and am really loving it,if anybody could give me a few pointers it would be really much appreciated.

Richard sankey

You should be doing quite well with a system like that. Do you have a P3D profile in Nvidia Inspector that might be causing problems?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Did you want to share all your in-sim settings, as well as any tweaks you may have applied (including Nvidia Inspector profile settings like Mike noted)?

Thanks for replying Mike I haven't physically set up any profiles in nvidia inspector could this be my problem I never gave it a thought

Richard sankey

If you have not set up a profile then you would be ok. Some people set up NI profiles in too aggressive of a manner and that is what can cause issues with P3D.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hi Dylan

To my knowledge I haven't applied any tweaks only rex4 , could you tell me what in sim settings files I would need to share that would make a difference

Richard

AMDs are a poor choice for CPU limited games and sims (of which FSX and P3D are VERY CPU limited.) AMD's single thread/FPU performance is not up to par with Intel. You would do better with a 4790k or something similar (overclocked as well.) That being said, even then don't expect miracles. The PMDG 777 with a detailed add-on airport and traffic will put the hurtin' on ANY system... but you should definitely surpass 10fps with an Intel CPU.

Hi Dylan

To my knowledge I haven't applied any tweaks only rex4 , could you tell me what in sim settings files I would need to share that would make a difference

Richard

Hi Richard,

Could you take screenshots of each of your settings screens, and we can suggest what to adjust (I'm on the road at the moment, otherwise I would have shared my own). Molleh is right about the Intel CPUs, but you should still be able to squeak out more fps from your AMD.

Hi Richard,

Could you take screenshots of each of your settings screens, and we can suggest what to adjust (I'm on the road at the moment, otherwise I would have shared my own). Molleh is right about the Intel CPUs, but you should still be able to squeak out more fps from your AMD.

thankyou for getting back to me Dylan I think I have figured it out I'm getting about 15-20 fps I think it was heathrow mega airport my preferred airport that was just too much for the computer thanks once again for the help again

richard