Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

ORBX Sale – 35% Off Everything!

Hi! Folks,

I will try not to break my credit card...

:Nail Biting:  :Nail Biting:  :Nail Biting:

JL

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Thinking of FTX Norway, how is it?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Shame they don't have any more UK packages, or I would have added my cash to their bank account.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Shame they don't have any more UK packages, or I would have added my cash to their bank account.

I intend to buy several more of their airports, particularly those in the UK. I have noticed that non-ORBX airports mostly do not match the surrounding ORBX textures, particularly in all seasons. One exception are Sim720: their airports match ORBX in all seasonsl (I think this may be due to the fact that, as I understand it the Sim720 team sub-contracted to ORBX for most of the UK regions.)

But the reason that ORBX have not put out that many UK airports is because, as I understand it, their UK airports have not sold that well. And that may be partly due to the fact that other developers already cover the region so well: UK2000- in England, Scotland and Wales, and Eiresim and ScotFlight in Ireland and Scotland. I own most of the UK2000 Extreme and VFR airports. I am very happy with them, except that the texture match with ORBX FTX England and ORBX FTX Scotland is satisfactory in Summer but not so in the other seasons.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

My theory regarding the lack of sales of ORBx UK airports? They should have also made them fully compatible with PlayHorizon VFR GenX and JustFlight VFR Real photoscenery. I suspect that they would have sold a lot more copies if they had done this. SIM720 do not seem to have a problem making their airports compatible with default/ORBx/photoscenery, so why can't ORBx do it? Die hard photoscenery users are not going to switch to generic landclass scenery for the sake of using a handful of highly detailed individual airfields.

The point I am trying to make here is that if UK photoscenery compatibility had been built in from the start, then sales would probably have been better, and new UK airfields might have been in production to this day.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi! Folks,

I will try not to break my credit card...

:Nail Biting:  :Nail Biting:  :Nail Biting:

JL

HaHa! I know what I am buying!

Keith Guillory

Guest JustanotherPilot

Thinking of FTX Norway, how is it?

Brilliant! Detail is amazing, used in conjunction with Aerosoft scenery and the freeware Airports of Norway you could fly around for a year and discover something new every day. It's worth it at full price.

Yeah Norway and a couple of the US airports here I come :(

• Upvote 1

From EGFF to YSSY

Jut my luck...bought two airports yesterday...

System:   AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz, 16G RAM, Asus Crosshair V Formula Z, MSI 1080ti STRIXI, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Coolermaster Cosmos case, 1200W PSU, 1-256G Intel SSD, 4-512G Samsung 840 Pro SSDs, 1-1Tb Samsung 840 Pro SS, 6Tb+ external USB disk space, Prepar3D V4.3, All MegaSceneryEarth, REX OD, All ORBX

Bought FTX Norway and Cairns.

Did a test filght with the NGX 737-700 ENBR ENGM

Lovely.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Well I purchased Global and a few different regions and a few airports, paid for it, got a confirmation email and.... nothing. FlightSimStore shows no record of the order on my account, no download links have been sent or are available. Sent them an email yesterday and today and haven't heard back. Was really hoping to try this out over the holidays :( . Sigh.

I have just been over to the FTX forums, and they are basically forcing everyone to access a new release page to stop it being displayed over and over again. Two complaint threads about this have been closed, and apparently this method is here to stay....for every new release. No further complaints will be tolerated :blink: Is this kind of marketing really necessary?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have just been over to the FTX forums, and they are basically forcing everyone to access a new release page to stop it being displayed over and over again. Two complaint threads about this have been closed, and apparently this method is here to stay....for every new release. No further complaints will be tolerated :blink: Is this kind of marketing really necessary?

The attitude displayed in the response to the complaints is one of the reasons I only visit Orbx forums once in a blue moon, and even more rarely from now on.

"...we want [...] you will get used to it..."

Unbelievable.  How much does a business have to hate its own customers to treat them with such contempt?

If only there was another way to let people know about new releases. Something along the lines of...oh...advertising, maybe?