Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Showing within FS(x) and P3D(x), the FPS counter....

I love all these great, and complex aircraft and scenery shots, and do appreciate them for sure.  

With that...i do have a request to some of the regulars, that post shots mostly from those two platforms.  Could you please take at least 25 percent of your shot series within a post, with the red FPS counter on?  The reason for the request, is that it really allows a viewer, the choice to dig deeper in expectations of visual performance, by seeing those readings....and then if interested, look up your system specs, and compare theirs to yours.  I think this is a most useful and easy 'gauge' for anyone viewing the pics, to see, about visuals, at the cost of FPS performance to obtain, and to see if they can up their spec's ante...to obtain the same visual/FPS performance.

That is why for all, or most of my shots, it has always been displayed...for the user to see the elements of the shot, its complexity, and at what FPS output, was that image captured with/at.

I would certainly appreciate that from others, as I am sure they appreciated my showing the FPS-per-visuals on my uploads.

I am most interested in seeing what other user's systems specs are putting out, in FPS, and with what complexity the scene renders, and of course,  at their choice of sim platform.

Thanks for considering.....

Ses

..bump.

Geez...39 views...and nobody is yet saying, "Sure, no problem Ses, I'll start doing that for ya......."...hmmm...

As the guy on Laugh In, always said..."Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery interesting!"  :Hmmmph:

Cheers,  :t4012:

Mitch

flint.jpgMSE 2 Flint Michigan, No overclocking, Max out Cfg, 32xAA, 16x AF, LOD 9.5

Sounds good in theory, but also need to remember that for the same system, same scenery and same aircraft, everybody will have different fps.

Depends on what AI percentage they have, what size clouds, textures etc, AA settings. And half sync in NI will yield 30 fps locked but doesn't mean I couldn't get 40-50+ fps.

Who's to say some don't turn up the visuals to max and only get 10 fps but suits for the screen shots? So everybody is different.

Just sayin...:D

About maxing it for screenshots...yes..that's what I mean...but with the FPS in view, and with viewing the elements (we have all done this a long time...and can pretty well guess what are the settings are in the platform, for what is being rendered) you can have a much better 'feel' of that screenshot, and what IS  being rendered, elements and all.  

I'm also saying that each viewer will weigh in a performance balance across most poster's systems, and if they have any questions, can ask the poster based upon, for one thing, that visible FPS reading.  

I certainly know that it costs nothing to have it displayed, and I also know that I am not alone, for those that want to see them, in conjunction with the screenshot.  I've just been vocal about it...where some have not, to date.

flint.jpgMSE 2 Flint Michigan, No overclocking, Max out Cfg, 32xAA, 16x AF, LOD 9.5

Thanks for that, HL.  Very helpful.  I will be upgrading at some point in time...and want to see what render/FPS/output is happening, on those that have the most recent CPU/GPU combos.  

Good idea,but I think you know,I already show  my FPS in most of my pictures.

My settings are high, but at all time flyable.That means I am not using extra settings for my screenshots.

I am taking them while I am flying.

Scott

Good idea,but I think you know,I already show  my FPS in most of my pictures.

My settings are high, but at all time flyable.That means I am not using extra settings for my screenshots.

I am taking them while I am flying.

Scott

Thank you Scott, and as do I.  I will set up a shot (by waiting for it within flight, or while panning on the deck) of what I wish to 'snap a picture of',  but do nothing different in view of my every flight, everyday usage parameters.  To do so, I think is a little disingenuous to the viewer, because let's face it...and yes..let's....we ALL, including myself, view these screenshots...and mentally compared,  from the various sim bases, and we DO compare the visuals, to our own system's graphic output, for our own usage potential. 

Having the FPS display, is not about BOASTING, the performance of your system. No...it lets the viewer see, when looking at that screen shot with its varied compound, elements, topography, atmospherics, cloud base, etc, etc....it lets the viewer appreciate the load- in on that uploader's system, to produce the visuals of that shot...and THAT can help the viewer to make upgrade or maintenance decisions on their own platform.

It also can save a fellow hobbyist, disappointment and added expense, if they are expecting incredible FPS performance, from a major $$$ graphics or CPU upgrade, and clearly, the state of the art shows that what they have, to what another might have in FPS performance, isn't all that much of a differential...so they might just become satisfied and/or content, with their present system specs, etc.  

I only ask that each poster have at least 25 percent of their upload showing the FPS load out to visuals, and if they wish to also post the sim settings masks, that I have done on many, many occasions, all the better. Folks...this really helps your fellow enthusiasts.

It's NOT about FPS pounding-the-chest. It's about each of us giving as much 'help'/published performance cues...., asked, or unasked for, to all our AVSIM buddies and buddy-etts...  :smile: