Sign in to follow this  
Avwriter

Does Flight1 ever have sales?

I noticed that they do not seem to be participating in the Black Friday frenzy that is going on elsewhere.  Can someone tell me if historically they typically have sales on their main line products around the holidays.  They have a couple of product that I am interested in, but am wondering if it is worth waiting around for a while, or if I may as well go for it now while my wallet is already open so to speak?

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

The answer is no, they usually only offer a coupon under the Bundles/Deals tab in the menu...

John

Guest JustanotherPilot

Please excuse my ignorance but  can someone tell me what Black Friday is all about, obviously it's something remembered in the US, but my understanding of Black Friday is any Friday where the 13th of the month falls upon.

Please excuse my ignorance but  can someone tell me what Black Friday is all about, obviously it's something remembered in the US, but my understanding of Black Friday is any Friday where the 13th of the month falls upon.

One word - MONEY.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Black Friday does not commemorate anything.  It is a day when many retailers post radically discounted prices on selected goods in order to entice more customers to come into their stores.  It always falls on the day after Thanksgiving, which is also traditionally the commercial start of the Christmas holiday season, when many people are trying to buy gifts for Christmas.  This day is not a traditional holiday, but many people do opt to take it as a vacation day, since Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday, many wish to turn it into a long weekend.  And so, many people end up gong shopping on that day in search of good deals, and U.S. retailers make a surprisingly large fraction of their yearly sales on this day, and those immediately following it.  The word "Black" is used in the financial jargon to indicate profitability.  If a company is "in the black" then it is making money.  If it is "in the red," it is losing money.  In recent years, this tradition has encompassed Internet retailers as well, and many non-US Internet retailiers follow suit hoping to get some extra business from American consumers, as well as anyone else who wishes to participate.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Guest JustanotherPilot

Thanks guys for putting me straight, I  know I've benefited I bought up big on ORBX scenery which is 30% cheaper.

Thanks guys for putting me straight, I  know I've benefited I bought up big on ORBX scenery which is 30% cheaper.

Orbx is 35% cheaper this sale.

Looks like they'll pay you to buy the A319/A318.

Ha Ha.  Took me a couple of minutes to figure what was going on.  It is just a placeholder until the download version becomes available.

Andrew Jones

Addressing my original question, I did find one way to get a small discount.  PC Aviator is currently offering 10% of everything on their site ( as they normally do every Tuesday).  So any FLIght1 products that they stock will receive the discount.

Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones

Black Friday does not commemorate anything.  It is a day when many retailers post radically discounted prices on selected goods in order to entice more customers to come into their stores.  It always falls on the day after Thanksgiving, which is also traditionally the commercial start of the Christmas holiday season, when many people are trying to buy gifts for Christmas.  This day is not a traditional holiday, but many people do opt to take it as a vacation day, since Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday, many wish to turn it into a long weekend.  And so, many people end up gong shopping on that day in search of good deals, and U.S. retailers make a surprisingly large fraction of their yearly sales on this day, and those immediately following it.  The word "Black" is used in the financial jargon to indicate profitability.  If a company is "in the black" then it is making money.  If it is "in the red," it is losing money.  In recent years, this tradition has encompassed Internet retailers as well, and many non-US Internet retailiers follow suit hoping to get some extra business from American consumers, as well as anyone else who wishes to participate.

Andrew Jones

I doubt that you could find a better explanation anywhere. 

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

I noticed that they do not seem to be participating in the Black Friday frenzy that is going on elsewhere.  Can someone tell me if historically they typically have sales on their main line products around the holidays.  They have a couple of product that I am interested in, but am wondering if it is worth waiting around for a while, or if I may as well go for it now while my wallet is already open so to speak?

Andrew Jones

I have never seen in years any sales from them never just the same old 10% off I respect flight1 but lately its like they don't exist I'm sure they would make some good money if they had a black Friday/cyber Monday sale anything for just 1 day and there one of the biggest flight simulator company's out there.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

what a miracle now that's a discount hope to see more like these from flight1.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.