Sign in to follow this  
autopilot

How to Calculate the time of Slew Mode?

Hi, Guys!

I've written same thing in another forum, so I'm going to write here.

Suppose I'm going to Australia from Dubai. After flying 1 hour of Aircraft, I turn ON slew mode and reach near Australia in seconds. After that I turn off slew and start normal flying. After landing I'm watching that Clock on Aircraft didn't count Slew Mode time. So how I can calculate the slew time so that I can find exact flight time.

You'll ask, why are you calculating slew time. Take a short flight and land. So, here's its answer.

Just for varying speed and different Altitudes.

I mean:
1st time, I'll go at 525Knots and 32000ft & see how much time it will take?
2nd time, I'll go at 300knots and 40000ft and then again will see how much time it has taken.

Regards,

Don't know as I've never used slew mode to complete a flight.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

OK Guys! If we cannot calculate Slew time then I come towards Simulation Rate.

Read this thread plz: http://www.avsim.com/topic/361420-faster-simulation-rate/

There's another thing to save time by increasing Simulation Rate Up to 128X. In that thread given in URL, we can see everyone is denying of keeping simulation rate at 128x or faster. So, my question is that if cannot make Simulation Rate Faster then why MS has given Simulation Rate Command "FASTEST"?

Crop.jpg

Hi A/P,

If autopilot is engaged, then the maximum sim rate is 16x.   FSX won't allow you to go higher.   If you're flying without autopilot engaged, then you can go much higher, but not many can control an aircraft (unless it's the Ultralight) at such a high sim rate.   If you're flying an airliner and given the many things that are done in a cockpit, anything above 4x will inevitably spell trouble.

I suppose MS has provided such a range of sim rates, so some who are not too interested in properly flying an aircraft within its parameters, can go for a 'forgettable experience'!

Is your concern about the amount of time it takes to complete a long haul flight?   You can increase the sim rate to that which you can handle (various rates for the various stages of flight), or if time is of the essence, then save your flight and come back to it later. 

If you're just wanting to know your flight time for a particular journey, then when you set out your flight plan in your flight planner, it will calculate the time it will take.   However, you will need to add approx. another hour if you're going for the full flight experience (i.e. from setting up at pre-flight to taxiing to the runway and then back to tarmac and shut down at your destination airport).

Chris

• Upvote 1