Sign in to follow this  
CODY614

Questions...

Hey guys...Gotta ask, did you allow for "Specular Mapping" in the model?

And is there any way you can update the paint kit with "Mesh" as layer to ease painting?

I have one that is just about done...and before I finish, if I can I would like to "Spec Map" it...

We put our specular mapping on specific parts including the exterior textures. But rather than make a separate texture for each part we use a universal texture which add a specific light range. Then we can just add the specular shading on each specific texture that has it.

The paint kit includes the specular shading already so no need to design one. You can tell because the lower half of the fuselage is darker and it blends to a brighter light you go toward the top. Same for the wings the top is bright and the bottom is dark.

Although i noticed i have to keep this layer below the decals and for larger decals it does not add shading for them so in the future i plan to make specular maps just for the exterior textures as this will work for the entire paint theme.

Feel free to add your repaint to our paint page by sending it to flysimware.com. Once you contact us through our email system we can give you an email to send files.