Sign in to follow this  
RatRace

The end ?

It's been a while since I last visited this place. I'm surprised there is so little activity. Has everyone given up? Or are we waiting for Dovetail's flight sim ?

Dovetail Games Flight Simulator is set for release in  2016.  For flight sim enthusiasts and gamers looking for a deeply immersive flight game, it promises to deliver the ultimate pilot’s experience, taking them on a journey from novice to pro pilot. - See more at: http://www.dovetailgames.com/news/2015/aug/4/dovetail-games-looks-to-the-future-collaborating-with-microsoft#sthash.HhqpS2yd.dpuf

http://www.dovetailgames.com/news/2015/aug/4/dovetail-games-looks-to-the-future-collaborating-with-microsoft

I found FSX-SE to be stable and went to that. It was stability that lead me to MS Flight. I download scenery and addons and pay some substantial cash for some of it for FSX and yet it is only about par after addon scenery with MS Flight with a substantial drop in performance from what MS Flight could do. I think about the nice scenery and performance of MS Flight all the time and the awesome friends I have met there. Like Kavinda I can't wait to see Dovetails next flight sim. Someday I might get around to installing and tweaking MS Flight on my new rig, but for now I am content to enjoy FSX-SE.

I still think MS Flight is the one to beat.

Moe

It's the same here - after many attempts with first the boxed FSX and then FSX-SE crashing regularly, it's finally running stable - so I'm exploring this flightsim though I'm a bit reluctant to spend loads on addons for this ancient prog. But the pure flying experience and the user interface out of the box is still better in Flight. Let's hope some of this will reappear in Dovetails new development.

My understanding is that the engine at the core of the new sim will be based on MS Flight. If that is true then proper use of multiple cores and the GPU will be like MS Flight and that is all good.

Moe

I wonder if there is a beta version floating around out there somewhere?

I think there is nothing known about their new product yet.

I think there is nothing known about their new product yet.

If there is anything floating around it is more likely to be an alpha version. I would say beta is still a long way off considering we haven't seen anything of the sim yet.

Initially, Dovetail said the new sim would be coming this year but realized the true extent of the simulator and postponed it until 2016..It's gonna be a while - who knows it might even be released December next year; what a wait...

Yes, but while waiting we still got Flight! to kill the waiting. :wink:

-eelis-

Flight still runs on DX9, FYI. Unless they plan on upgrading it.

Microsoft Flight was using DirectX 11.

Microsoft Flight was using DirectX 11.

I didn't see anything in the options or CFG to turn on DirectX 11. Says it's using a DirectX 9 adapter, not DirectX 11.

The minimum specs for Flight call for DX9 and the recommended card, the 9800 GT, does not support DirectX 11.

I didn't see anything in the options or CFG to turn on DirectX 11. Says it's using a DirectX 9 adapter, not DirectX 11.

The minimum specs for Flight call for DX9 and the recommended card, the 9800 GT, does not support DirectX 11.

Yeah, sorry, I was wrong, I was thinking about the maximum graphics settings, but you only need a 64-bit system for those: http://www.avsim.com/topic/365616-graphics-settings-maximum/?p=2292246

I might be coming back to MS Flight. I am having a heap of trouble with my FSX-SE setup am starting to have sim withdrawl.

Moe